Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Glitch script playing interesting music until game crash / destroy save file - Page 1

Glitch script playing interesting music until game crash / destroy save file

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-29 08:51:03
In Pokemon Yellow, glitch script 0x03 has some interesting effects. Each time you go into Viridian Forest to run the script, the effects are completely different. In the video down below, I encountered an invalid opcode (I said RST 38 at the end, that was incorrect) but other times I did RST 38, and sometimes I didn't crash but the graphics were extremely messed up and I couldn't do anything. In any case, the script will (probably) destroy your save. Use with caution!

Video of effects: https://youtu.be/MR8-nfSMAIM

Edit: I apologize if my voice cannot be heard whatsoever, it's been an issue with my recording for a long time and I'm going to fix it eventually.

Re: Glitch script playing interesting music until game crash / destroy save file

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-07-29 11:56:42

Edit: I apologize if my voice cannot be heard whatsoever, it's been an issue with my recording for a long time and I'm going to fix it eventually.

Your voice is audible for the entire video, but it's very quiet compared to the game music. It would probably be fine if you turned down the game music and/or spoke louder.

Re: Glitch script playing interesting music until game crash / destroy save file

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-29 12:56:05
Thank you for the feedback.