Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Make every 1.Gen into a 2.Gen Shiny Pokemon - no "abnormal" pokemon - Page 1

Make every 1.Gen into a 2.Gen Shiny Pokemon - no "abnormal" pokemon

Posted by: Scroogeduck
Date: 2019-11-05 15:58:14
Hey guys

I couldnt find an itemlist for this, so i thought i make a new post.
(Sorry when this is in 2.Gen Part, i didnt check all posts in 2.Gen ACE, maybe this is there but i think we are doing only things in 1.Gen so it should be here.)

You can change every pokemon in 1.Generation into a 2.Generation Pokemon with trading. You have to change the PokeID and the types.
So lets started:
(I started a few weeks ago with ACE in Pokemon, so maybe the itemlists are bad, feel free to make them better :).
I tried to use no same item in both itemlists. The itemlists are for non-english european yellow version. So the adresses have to be changed -5 for english yellow.)
I made it in YELLOW version.

Let us say we want to have a shiny raikou.:

First check this side: https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Time_Capsule_exploit
Here you see which ID you need for your pokemon that you want.
Let us say we want Raikou. You see Raikou has in 1.Gen "AC".

So with this itemlist, we will make our first Pokemon in our Pokemonparty into a Raikou.

wsm
any x any
Lemonade x 172 (for raikou "172" is hex value "AC")
Pokeball x 22
TM09 x 66
Awakening x 104
Ultra Ball x 20
Repel x 111
Exp-all x 20
Potion x 2
TM01 x any

ld a, (AC) -> ID for Raikou)
inc b
ld d, D1
ld b,d
ld c, 68
ld (bc),a
inc d
ld e, 6F
ld c, e
inc d
inc d
ld (bc), a
ret

2. Next we have to change the Type of our first pokemon.
Raikou is a "one" Type Pokemon. So in the memory both adresses have the same Value. Electro is hex value 17:

wsm
any x any
carbos x 209
X Accuracy x 117
Repel x 23 (->ElektroType)
Fresh Water x 115
TM01 x any

ld h, D1
ld l, 75
ld e, 17 (-> value for elektro type)
inc a
ld (hl), e
ret

After using wsm one time, i toss one X accuracy away and use again for (Type 2 then Type 1)

3. Now we can use a shiny itemlist, there are some different here in the forum, just pick one you want to use :).
PLEASE NOTE: Do not check the "summary/Status" of your first pokemon , coz your game can freeze. If you do in emulator it doesnt matter, on 3DS or real cartridge i recommend not to check.

4. Now we have to trade the pokemon into a second gen.
Now you can see the "Raikou" with your second Gen.
Sometimes the screen is a little big buggy at the beginning when you trade on your yellow cartridge, but just click some times A Button.

When the pokemon arrives in 2.Gen you have your shiny Raikou or what Pokemon ever you want (Celebi is not possible with that.)

NOTE FOR 3DS: I was very stupid, i didnt read the text in poke transporter, i thought i cant transfer it. But you only have to remove the item, then all works :)).

Have fun and have a nice evening guys

Re: Make every 1.Gen into a 2.Gen Shiny Pokemon - no "abnormal" pokemon

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-11-07 08:22:14
I feel like this must have been done before too, but also never saw it formally written out. Good work! :) With no glitch items, I don't see any need to change the item lists (though I haven't tested it). Going from zero to this in a week is certainly something, too.

And these can be transferred through Bank? I very well might try this and transfer them up for when I finally do the Rainbow Rocket episode, just for the love of the first generation.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-11-07 09:30:53
Yeah, it has been done but not sure anyone posted item setups here. Great job Scroogeduck! ^^

Posted by: Scroogeduck
Date: 2019-11-07 12:10:27
Hey

Thanks guys^^.
I have forgotten to say that the moveset of the pokemon has to be legit to transfer it with poke transporter and you have to received the minimum level of legendaries to transfer.
Like in the video from "Evie the Mother Hen" you can see that you will level up very fast after receiving some EXP, so you learn the moves you need.
But i dont know why, sometimes the traded pokemon has no full EP and you wont level up fast, so you dont learn new moves…
Maybe someone knows why?