Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Obtain 8F with Glitch Pokemon '94? - Page 1

Obtain 8F with Glitch Pokemon '94?

Posted by: Scroogeduck
Date: 2020-04-02 06:10:05
Hey guys

I only made the ACE with pokemon yellow until now.
But im interested in doing the same in red/blue (non english version).
So first - i have read and watched some videos how to obtain the 8F. I havent seen right now that someone made it with the glitch pokemon '94.
I know in wild it freezes, but not in battle… so here is a topic about "Get glitch items using left-facing shore tile glitch".
Can i obtain 8F with this pokemon to mutate item?

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Best regards
Scroogeduck

Re: Obtain 8F with Glitch Pokemon '94?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-04-02 11:05:27

Hey guys

I only made the ACE with pokemon yellow until now.
But im interested in doing the same in red/blue (non english version).
So first - i have read and watched some videos how to obtain the 8F. I havent seen right now that someone made it with the glitch pokemon '94.
I know in wild it freezes, but not in battle… so here is a topic about "Get glitch items using left-facing shore tile glitch".
Can i obtain 8F with this pokemon to mutate item?

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Best regards
Scroogeduck

Hi ^^. You can indeed, you just need a Good Rod ($4D) in slot 4 to get 8F ($5D). You can either catch 94/94h with CoolTrainer to modify slot 4, or encounter one as one of a glitch Trainer's Pokémon with the old man trick (with a character in player name slot 3, 5 or 7 that gives a Trainer, such as Pk, Mn, ?, !) and a Silph Co. Rocket on 11F as the previous Trainer fought.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W7RyjER8jM

Date: 2020-04-03 08:11:54
Hey dude

Thanks for your answer :). So i will do it with pokemon '94.

Best regards and have a nice weekend
Scroogeduck

Date: 2020-04-03 13:29:24
Again a question :).
Im playing a little bit with the pokemon '94. Could it be, that when i changed an item with the pokemon, i cant change the same item again when i see the '94 pokemon?
First i used a good rod like you said and i received the item i needed, the item "S7" (in german version) -  opponent is using again '94, my item wont change. Is this coz my save file is too glitched or is this that way :)?

Best regards
Scroogeduck

Date: 2020-04-03 15:16:33
I checked this page: https://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/Get_glitch_items_using_left-facing_shore_tile_glitch_(Red/Blue)
there is a sentence: "This will only occur if the original identifier, when converted into binary, did not have bit 0x4 set (Good Rod counts)."

Maybe this is the answer^^? But i dont get it, what is meant with the original identifier and 0x4?

Best regards
Scroogeduck

Edit: Okey, i got it, thanks :).