Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Project "Gotta Document 'Em All"

GlitchDex errors/omissions - Page 1

GlitchDex errors/omissions

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-04-11 10:24:06
This is a thread for noting errors/omissions in the GlitchDex that need to be resolved:

*The base 123 Defense for 4( h 4 ? should be base 128 according to the data.
*The base Attack for the Family 209 glitch Pokémon in Red/Blue (Base 255 Attack) is incorrect?
*Since some glitch Pokémon have ( in their names, this breaks the name system which thinks the bracket is part of the glitch Pokémon's family data (Pokédex number).
*Cries need to be added for glitch Pokémon due to the old links no longer working.
*Methods of obtaining glitch Pokémon need to be updated for a few remaining glitch Pokémon.
*TM/HM moves and Time Capsule exploit moves need to be added for a few remaining glitch Pokémon.
*Super Glitch moves should have their index numbers indicated in the data. Also a question worth raising is "are there any 'non-Super Glitch' moves which never cause Super Glitch corruption?".
*Add the index numbers for types for glitch Pokémon with glitch types and 'pseudo real' (is said to be a real type but is really a glitch type) types.

Re: GlitchDex errors/omissions

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-04-27 06:08:21
Y:218 is Normal/Flying because it is a Spearow hybrid, not Rock/Ground.
RB:245 apparently has a volatile front sprite, as Bulbapedia has a (low quality) picture of it.

Date: 2017-04-27 09:39:20

Y:218 is Normal/Flying because it is a Spearow hybrid, not Rock/Ground.
RB:245 apparently has a volatile front sprite, as Bulbapedia has a (low quality) picture of it.

Hmm I already fixed the error on Y:218 so I'm unsure if an error is causing the page not to update.

Thanks. Yeah, at an earlier point I included volatile glitch Pokémon front sprites but later I decided not to add the one for RB:245 as I was never able to confirm it showing up, so it might not get added as it could be an error.

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-06-19 09:39:13
"Glitcherino" doesn't have it's real name (too lazy to check it's hex)

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-08-02 11:48:41
The GB sprites for 'M don't seem to exist, someone needs to either A) upload them or B) remove the GB sprite area from the template.

Date: 2019-08-02 15:13:04

The GB sprites for 'M don't seem to exist, someone needs to either A) upload them or B) remove the GB sprite area from the template.

Darn :( I never got around to finishing it so that's why there are a lot of red links, sorry.

The extra sprites template variation is an experiment; because some had the SGB colours, others the GBC colours; so in covering both (and monochrone GB i.e. RB Virtual Console), the green tint GB colours) felt it may eliminate some inconsistencies.

If we want these, will finish uploading them and in emulator quality asap :) (ideally tomorrow morning is next possible) if no one else does (to get the default GBC palette for Red/Blue (not needed for EN, non-JP international Yellow) you need the CGB bootstrap ROM (the "Nintendo Game Boy Color" load screen) which is dumped, and you can configure this on BGB's options.

Thanks for bringing this up.