Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Project "Gotta Document 'Em All"

Obscure Dex TODO list - Page 1

Obscure Dex TODO list

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-30 12:24:18
This list is for Dexes with entries in the Databases page and what needs done to fix them up.

Several of these would be easy to knock out with some programming knowledge and the ROM(s).

Re: Obscure Dex TODO list

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-30 20:03:26
Thanks for starting this! You're certainly correct about the current state of those. That said, they are obscure database projects, which I'd consider less important than other things on the wiki backlog for now, but any input or contributions to them (even fixing typos and formatting) are welcome from anybody.

I think at some point the "Databases" page became merged with the "Dex ideas" page, and as a result there are many listed there which are just ideas. Splitting those would be a start.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-30 20:27:46

Thanks for starting this! You're certainly correct about the current state of those. That said, they are obscure database projects, which I'd consider less important than other things on the wiki backlog for now, but any input or contributions to them (even fixing typos and formatting) are welcome from anybody.

I think at some point the "Databases" page became merged with the "Dex ideas" page, and as a result there are many listed there which are just ideas. Splitting those would be a start.
A few are easy jobs, either able to be done via any shmuck with a bit of knowledge in Python or C or w/e and the disasm or only need fixed (table-ization, etc.) meaning some lower users could assist in those. I, personally, am gonna start cranking out Python scripts for data extraction/table parsing so situatuonal processing may begin.

Posted by: Waterpig
Date: 2019-06-25 07:03:12
The phone dex seems like something I'd personally try, mostly because I am curious about the ghost of glitch city call of death…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-06-25 07:12:33

The phone dex seems like something I'd personally try, mostly because I am curious about the ghost of glitch city call of death…

Good luck/have fun and hope you can find her name and force-call behaviour. ^^

Note some calls run RAM (behavior varies/can be unpredictable/or is arbitrary code execution), so there is a chance you may not find it. However, you could theoretically find it with cheat searcher/analysing a memory address by identifying her index number when she is calling you.

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-07-14 10:44:47
How would it be possible to automate the creation of dexes?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-07-14 13:20:29
Parsing parts of the ROM. This is a good example.