Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Sun and Moon Memento and Parting Shot Z Bug - Page 1

Sun and Moon Memento and Parting Shot Z Bug

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-11-29 16:33:17
Tried this out myself when I heard it - using the Z-Powered versions of Memento and Parting Shot will crash your game. Pokemon that have these moves in their moveset have been banned from online play as a result while Game Freak works on a fix.

Definitely something to look out for! Game Freak is usually pretty good with patches (they patched the Lumiose City save bug in X and Y just a week after the games came out) so I don't think this should be relevant for very much longer.

Re: Sun and Moon Memento and Parting Shot Z Bug

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-30 00:23:47
I can't try that out right now because I'm at the Elite Four, and school. Will try later.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-11-30 08:32:22
This looks pretty strange, that'd mean that Z-Powered moves use some of the assets from the original moves ? They aren't programmed independently ? Surprising.

Date: 2016-11-30 13:59:44

We've discovered a bug that affects the moves Memento and Parting Shot during online battles using Battle Spot. While we fix this bug, Memento and Parting Shot moves will be prohibited in Free Battles, Rating Battles, and Online Tournaments in Battle Spot. If any of the Pokémon in your Battle Team has either of these moves, you won't be able to start a battle.
Keep checking the Pokémon Global Link for a notification that this bug has been fixed. Thanks for enjoying the Pokémon Global Link and battling in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Great, they found out.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-01-12 03:57:49
According to Nintendo, this has been fixed in version 1.1, the patch for which was released yesterday. However, we won't be able to test this until the moves are unbanned from Battle Spot.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-12 07:15:12
If Nintendo says they patched it, they did, and they tested the patch for god only knows how many manhours before releasing it.

Date: 2017-01-12 10:35:53
What? The patch was released already? At least I still have my Shiny Charm.
Did it add the NationalDex?

Anyway, good luck with these glitches!

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2017-01-12 17:10:55

If Nintendo says they patched it, they did

ah, so many have botched patches in the past. Including Nintendo for that matter…

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-01-25 22:34:06
The only video of the glitch I could find was a Twitter video, so I asked the uploader if I could upload it to my YouTube channel, and I did here.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-25 23:28:31

The only video of the glitch I could find was a Twitter video, so I asked the uploader if I could upload it to my YouTube channel, and I did here.

I noticed, thanks for that SnorlaxMonster.  :)