Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Sparkling Aria Multi Battle AI - Page 1

Sparkling Aria Multi Battle AI

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2016-12-21 08:54:22
Some players have reported that in the Multi Battle at Aether Paradise, if Hau has Primarina, there's a chance he will use his Z-Move on you (his ally).

The speculation is that this occurs because the AI sees Sparkling Aria as a support move due to healing burn. Normally this wouldn't matter since it targets everyone except the user, but when it's turned into a Z-Move it's single-target. I'm not sure if this only occurs if you already have a burn though.

I haven't seen any video of this, so if anyone knows of a video or can produce one, I'd appreciate it.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/5e8sva/

Re: Sparkling Aria Multi Battle AI

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-21 10:43:28
I already beaten the story (with choosing Litten), so I can't test that, sorry.
Also, A little offtopic, make a page for unused stuff in Sun and Moon on Bulbapedia, as there's actually some unused stuff there, like location name references to Pokémon GO. (Yes I found it). Possibly some PoGO connection was planned?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-12-21 21:57:09
Can you choose Hau as a battle partner in the Battle Tree? I could probably test it if you can.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2016-12-22 02:27:32
Oh, I just read this thread after posting another one. This actually happened to me. He continued attacking me after using his Z-move on me too.

I assume this is unintended, I was doing the battle with Hau against the Aether green-haired dude and his grunt. Hau's Raichu got KOed and he sent out his Primarina… and used his Z-move on me (and both opposition pokemon were alive). He then proceeded to attack me on the next turn too so I quickly KOed all his pokemon before beating the opponents, which worked nicely.

Never knew Hau had joined Team Skull…

deleted my thread

Date: 2016-12-23 00:23:58

Oh, I just read this thread after posting another one. This actually happened to me. He continued attacking me after using his Z-move on me too.

I assume this is unintended, I was doing the battle with Hau against the Aether green-haired dude and his grunt. Hau's Raichu got KOed and he sent out his Primarina… and used his Z-move on me (and both opposition pokemon were alive). He then proceeded to attack me on the next turn too so I quickly KOed all his pokemon before beating the opponents, which worked nicely.

Never knew Hau had joined Team Skull…

I'm actually at this point in the game and trying to replicate it, but failing. Which Pokémon did you have out that he used it on? Was your Pokémon weak to Water? Having a burn seems to not affect it, and in fact makes it more likely to use Sparkling Aria instead of Hydro Vortex (also, I heard a report of someone's Arcanine being hit, so unless it got burned after using Burn Up, that's probably not why this happens).

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2016-12-23 19:19:46
He used Hydro Vortex on me (not Sparkling Aria). Can't remember what pokemon I had. Possibly Toucannon? As I said, he attacked me the turn after, too.

Posted by: CytricAcid
Date: 2016-12-24 03:13:25
Because of the way Battle Tree Scouting works, I looked up to see if any opponents had any Primarinas with Sparkling Aria and Waterium Z. According to this spread sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7T0jCHBkDppjTB0_rJyK0houk8zE3wLmZ1DlVXEkXg/edit#gid=0 Primarina-4 has both. The only issue is getting a Trainer that can USE Primarina-4 in battle, having it as one of their first 2 pokemon, and scouting them. So its possible to replicate if you didnt choose rowlet as your starter/already beat the game, but will require a lot of luck to find that right trainer in the Battle Tree. I think you have to have a really long streak too before getting -3s and -4s, anyway, but I'm unsure. Tomorrow I may check to see what trainers can use that Primarina set

Date: 2016-12-24 09:22:35

He used Hydro Vortex on me (not Sparkling Aria). Can't remember what pokemon I had. Possibly Toucannon? As I said, he attacked me the turn after, too.

Sparkling Aria is multi-target anyway, so it can't specifically target you.

I swear there must be some trick to this. I've tried over and over again, and Hau still refuses to attack me.

Posted by: CytricAcid
Date: 2016-12-24 20:48:38
Trainers that can use Primarina-4: Dancer Variel, Dancer Atalanta, Aether Foundation Haley, Dancer Jo, Dancer Tasanee, Ace Trainer Hashim, Ace Trainer Tamah, Veteran? Xio, Preschooler Niara, Preschooler Reina.

Note that these trainers can use many different pokemon, and sometimes different sets, so it'll be hard to find them. Once i get a regenerator toxapex i'll try to see how far i can get in the battle tree, but atm I cant really get a streak of more than 10ish in super singles…

Date: 2016-12-26 07:29:38
Okay, I was finally able to replicate this. I had actually just given up and was just battling Faba and the Employee to progress the story, and all of a sudden Hau attacked me with his Z-Move! I've never been so happy to have my own Pokémon faint.

I didn't do anything materially different to many of my other trials, so I assume this occurring is completely random (and somewhat low probability).

I had KOed both of Hau's other Pokémon (Raichu and Flareon) with Earthquake, and Hau had just sent out Primarina. Both of the opponents were still conscious (Faba still had Slowbro out). I was using Dugtrio, until Hau KOed it.

Unfortunately, after that, Primarina used Sparkling Aria the next turn, then after that was asleep due to Yawn until it fainted, so I didn't get to see if Hau would continue to attack me as blaphy did.