Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Small evolution visual error - Page 1

Small evolution visual error

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2016-12-28 01:32:09
Not really a big glitch or anything, but I thought it was a little interesting.

In Sun and Moon, when evolving a Pokemon, the model of the evolved Pokemon appears near the top-left corner of the screen for a split second before disappearing. At the very least, this has happened to me when evolving Pichu into Pikachu. If I had to guess, I'd say that the model loads in while the Pokemon is evolving, but appears for a very small period of time before it moves off-screen?

I'll see if I can get a picture of it soon. Has this happened to any of you guys?

EDIT: Ok, here's a kind of crappy picture. I took a video too, but there's a glare of my face in it despite all of my attempts not to catch that, ack

Re: Small evolution visual error

Posted by: Cryo
Date: 2016-12-28 09:26:22
I have definitely noticed a flashing model in the top-left, but never bothered to record it or anything. I'd always assumed it was the evolving Pokemon itself being rendered on-screen before moving into position, but it's interesting to see that it's actually the evolved form of the Pokemon that's rendered in that area.

Nice find! :D

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2016-12-29 01:13:32
This is almost certainly unintended, but it's kinda cool to have if you're evolving Tyrogue, or maybe even Eevee. You can B-cancel if it's the wrong one.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-29 05:23:56
Confirmed to work on Alolan formes and stone evo's.