Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Dissapearing Mimikyu Minor Glitch - Page 1

Dissapearing Mimikyu Minor Glitch

Posted by: Deku-Kitty
Date: 2017-01-27 09:23:11
So this is a minor glitch I've seen several people bring up on /r/Pokemon, but there hasn't been too much research into it. There is one video showing the bug, which is actually how I first learned of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgV8nrZceK4
It appears that this glitch is replicatable as several other people have reported encountering it.
I haven't been able to test this glitch myself due to only having one copy of the game, but if someone would want to test it over Wifi battle I'd be more than happy.

I'll list the steps of this bug even though it's very easy, I may not be 100% correct on what you must do.

1. Your Pokemon should be a Mimikyu with an intact disguise, and your opponent needs a Pokemon with Sky Drop.

2. It appears that battle animations need to be off, but this needs to be tested.

3. Your opponent uses Sky Drop, and when it drops Mimikyu its disguse needs to break.

4. Your Mimikyu will be invisible!

Note: In the video the Mimikyu is holding a Red Card, but I am not sure if this factors into the glitch.

Questions/Tests:

1. Do battle animations need to be off?

2. Does your opponent see (or I guess in this case, doesn't see) anything?

3. Can this be done with any other Pokemon?

4. Does switching out cause things to return to normal?

5. Is the Red Card needed?

One thing I do know is that between the Gen 5 Sky Drop glitch and this is that Sky Drop is one glitchy move!

Re: Dissapearing Mimikyu Minor Glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-02-28 16:25:17
I tested this with a Braviary with Sky Drop and a Mimikyu with "battle effects" turned off over Wifi, and sadly the glitch did not occur. Although battle effects were turned off, it seemed like Wifi enabled them regardless, and that may be why the glitch didn't work. What I'll try is going through the Battle Tree until I find a trainer who has a Pokémon with Sky Drop.

According to a Google Docs these Pokémon are:

Vikavolt-2
Skarmory-1
Braviary-1
Aerodactyl-2
Aerodactyl-3
Thundurus-3
Articuno-4

Edit: Actually having a Ditto transform into my Braviary then have it attack Mimikyu might be better, hmm.
Edit 2: I tried that but the Red Card didn't activate nor did the glitch, battle effects were off. Seems I'd need to try a Trainer with more than one Pokémon like the Battle Tree Trainer.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-03-02 08:10:15
I tried this with a wild Mimikyu (which I gave a Red Card with Bestow). Not only did it not work, I discovered that a wild Pokémon's Red Card forces you to flee.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-03-24 03:05:15
Due to this GameFAQs thread, I tried out some other things and found that this glitch applies to far more than just the Red Card.

If the user of Sky Drop faints or switches out upon inflicting damage while Battle Effects are off, the target remains invisible. I managed to reproduce this with Iron Barbs, the Life Orb, and the Rocky Helmet.

Also, it's worth noting that if there are 2 wild Pokemon (due to an SOS call), the Red Card switches your Pokemon rather than forcing you to flee.

EDIT: Also, I should point out that this also occurs in Generation VI. This is not new to Generation VII.

Posted by: Deku-Kitty
Date: 2017-03-24 09:36:29

Due to this GameFAQs thread, I tried out some other things and found that this glitch applies to far more than just the Red Card.

If the user of Sky Drop faints or switches out upon inflicting damage while Battle Effects are off, the target remains invisible. I managed to reproduce this with Iron Barbs, the Life Orb, and the Rocky Helmet.

Also, it's worth noting that if there are 2 wild Pokemon (due to an SOS call), the Red Card switches your Pokemon rather than forcing you to flee.

EDIT: Also, I should point out that this also occurs in Generation VI. This is not new to Generation VII.

Dang, Sky Drop is the glitchiest move since TMTRAINER.

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 18:09:43
What about Super Glitch?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-01 06:54:12
They said "TMTRAINER" referring to Super Glitch.