Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

RotomDex text Freeze/Crash on Saving - Page 1

RotomDex text Freeze/Crash on Saving

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2017-03-03 12:05:12
So I have a tendency to save my game while in the Hau'oli City lottery building and every time the RotomDex speaks, I wait for it to stop due to how distracting it is if I interrupt it and let it loop.

Well I got in a rush today because I wanted to pick up Mewtwo's mega stones, and I discovered a game freeze with this. If you try to save the game while the RotomDex is still talking on the bottom (text still printing), the game immediately freezes. I did it on both of my games while doing the lottery corner (which requires you to save). It happened every time.

The music still plays, but you have to hold down the power button to do anything. Not sure if this should be listed as an oversight or not.

Re: RotomDex text Freeze/Crash on Saving

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-03-03 12:08:16
Interesting, will look into this and add it to the wiki if I'm able to replicate it. Thanks!  :)

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-03-04 02:12:29
The best way to replicate this is talking to the lottery girl as soon as you load your save file, as this is when Rotom ALWAYS talks.
Edit: Couldn't replicate, I managed to get the Battle Tree "person" to save the game while Rotom was still speaking, no crash.

Date: 2017-03-04 05:37:39

The best way to replicate this is talking to the lottery girl as soon as you load your save file, as this is when Rotom ALWAYS talks.
Edit: Couldn't replicate, I managed to get the Battle Tree "person" to save the game while Rotom was still speaking, no crash.

Maybe its only the lottery?
Did you have the text speed on fast and make sure it was longer text? In the 2 instances it happened to me, Rotom still had text being printed and (I think) on the 2nd go, Rotom's text was done printing right as the game began to save (but his mouth was still moving).

You can do it without saving in the lottery building, as in my 2nd go, I was saved at the Daycare and traveled to Hau'oli while looping the text by opening the menu every so often and got it to freeze once it saved.

Kinda wondering if I should attempt to get it on video, maybe I'll have better luck again.

Date: 2017-03-13 12:04:46
Alrighty, I finally got this recorded  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o8hlz-M3s0

Posted by: Deku-Kitty
Date: 2017-03-14 08:44:23
Huh, that's really odd! The game must not expect you to save while Rotomdex is talking on the bottom screen. I don't know why that would cause a freeze though. Maybe a conflict between the scripts?