Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Poke Pelago Glitch - Page 1

Poke Pelago Glitch

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-05-01 20:10:54
There's a glitch on poke pelago that lets you finish everything instantly
here's how to do it:
1. Start everything that you want to do
2. Save then go to System Settings > Date and time
3. Set the time to January 31st 2016 at 23:59
4. Get into your game before the clock rolls over to the next minute
5. Wait for the clock to roll over
Poke Pelago Will Skip Ahead 24 hours*
HAVE FUN!

*EDIT: Actually, everything just FINISHES. I thought it was 24 hours but when I was ev training my gligar, it skipped 48 so yeah… It isn't 24 hrs

Re: Poke Pelago Glitch

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-05-01 20:18:04
This isn't really a glitch so much as exploiting the timer…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-05-14 08:02:37
Yeah, many other exploits from previous games make use of this technique as well.

See: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/Midnight_exploit

I personally see it as borderline exploit/glitch (but some people are fussy about what constitutes a glitch, I like to think of it as any unintended exploit that's not supposed to be part of the game) because it's not a programming error and you have freedom to control the time and the developers haven't tried to prevent it, but at the same time I think the fact you have to wait for the time to roll over (not sure if that applies for this exploit but I get the impression maybe) makes it an unintended exploit.

Reminds me of how in Yokai Watch if you change the date Gargaros says he won't forgive tricksters.

Date: 2017-05-15 21:17:29

Reminds me of how in Yokai Watch if you change the date Gargaros says he won't forgive tricksters.

Actually, Pokemon does something similar. When you fiddle with the time, you get locked out of daily events (Lomi Lomi, Berries, Rare Kitchen etc.) so there IS a minor "thing" with this

Date: 2017-05-17 16:05:10
THIS HAS BEEN PATCHED IN 1.2