Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Bugs fixed in v1.2 - Page 1

Bugs fixed in v1.2

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-05-17 06:04:57
So, the patch notes for v1.2 mention several bugs which I had not heard about before. Here's the patch notes:
Pokémon being unable to attack and switch when Sky Drop is used and when knocked out by damage done by Spiky Shield.
A glitch in Poké Pelago when entering a new month.
A rare case where the game ends after using an Evolution item as the last item in your Bag.
Scatterbug sometimes not learning Egg Moves.
Eggs sometimes being able to be given items.
A glitch ending the tournament when pre-registered for an online Friendly Competition (e.g. entry gets canceled or the Battle Teams get unlocked).

Spiky Shield Sky Drop glitch is mentioned in this thread

Poké Pelago end of month glitch is mentioned in this thread

I had not heard anything about the game crashing if the last item in your Bag is an Evolution item and you use it, and I can't find any discussion of it online. Seems like it would be unlikely for someone to accidentally discover it though.

Scatterbug sometimes not learning Egg Moves I had not heard about, but I found this Reddit thread discussing it.

I can't find anything about being able to give Eggs items

An entry getting canceled for Friendly Competition I hadn't heard about, but it's the kind of thing I wouldn't really expect to either so I'm not surprised about this one.

Re: Bugs fixed in v1.2

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-05-18 00:05:25
I did not hear anything about that bag Evolution item crash…
Well, onto testing before I patch then…

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2017-05-18 18:04:23

A rare case where the game ends after using an Evolution item as the last item in your Bag.

I had not heard anything about the game crashing if the last item in your Bag is an Evolution item and you use it, and I can't find any discussion of it online. Seems like it would be unlikely for someone to accidentally discover it though.

I'm kinda curious about this because this reminds me of the bug in this thread: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7749.0
Might there be some correlation between them?

Date: 2017-05-19 02:56:45

I'm kinda curious about this because this reminds me of the bug in this thread: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7749.0
Might there be some correlation between them?

I don't think two different glitches crashing the game means there's a relationship between them. In that case, I never even used an item, just scrolled through my Bag, when the game froze. The patch notes seem to describe a bug where you actually use the item.

Date: 2017-06-04 05:15:29
Tried it before I downloaded the patch, nothing.
Unless it needs to be the only item in the bag…

Date: 2017-09-09 00:56:02
So regarding Scatterbug Egg Moves, my assumption is that whether the bug occurs depends on the pattern of Vivillon it corresponds to. In my game, I was able to replicate the bug; my Scatterbug correspond to River Pattern.

I would appreciate if people who have not updated their games could test this with their own Vivillon patterns and provide their results. Be aware that Stun Spore is both a level up and Egg Move for Scatterbug, so it is not a good move to test for.

Date: 2017-09-10 09:12:34
Well, this isn't a big but I noticed something was wrong when I was looking thru Pokémon while choosing one to wonder trade, as I was before able to simply tap on a Pokémon, but without releasing the stylus, moving it away from the Pokémon and not trigger the "Do what with (Pokémon)" selection box, and now I'm no longer able to do that. Maybe someone can confirm this? It may be my memory tricking me again.