Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Z-Power Trick - Page 1

Z-Power Trick

Posted by: Shadow Tyrant
Date: 2017-05-24 22:57:41
I was playing pokemon moon on the newest update when I realized that Shuckle was moving out of order but only when I used Z-Power Trick, it would move before my Bronzong and at one point went faster than an Avalugg, which is IMPOSSIBLE for this thing to be faster than anything as it has 0 IVs in speed with a Relaxed nature. Also during one of my battles I fought a Haxorus that taunted the shuckle but when it came around for it to use Z-power trick it ignored the taunt and just used it as if it was never taunted.

Re: Z-Power Trick

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-05-29 07:20:49

I was playing pokemon moon on the newest update when I realized that Shuckle was moving out of order but only when I used Z-Power Trick, it would move before my Bronzong and at one point went faster than an Avalugg, which is IMPOSSIBLE for this thing to be faster than anything as it has 0 IVs in speed with a Relaxed nature.

Do you remember which moves each Pokémon used? For Avalugg, it's possible Avalugg used Avalanche, which is a negative priority move. Alternately, maybe Trick Room was set up and you didn't notice?

Also during one of my battles I fought a Haxorus that taunted the shuckle but when it came around for it to use Z-power trick it ignored the taunt and just used it as if it was never taunted.

Yes, Z-Moves can be used regardless of restrictions like Taunt, Heal Block, Torment, Disable, etc.

Re: Z-Power Trick

Posted by: likebeingawesome
Date: 2017-06-26 11:50:46
Are you sure it has 0 speed IVS and a relaxed nature? Did you EV train it for a good speed stat.
Also, can you get us battle replays so we can see this in person as opposed to just hearing you talk about it.