Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Copycat/Protect Bug - Page 1

Copycat/Protect Bug

Posted by: Shrew
Date: 2017-08-12 08:40:35
It took place in Turn 6-7 of this Battle Video:
3M3G-WWWW-WWW8-9PV2

Mega Sharpedo used Protect, to protect itself from Liepard's Play Rough. Next turn, Liepard used Copycat, which then uses Play Rough. However the message, "It doesn't effect the enemy Sharpedo…" shows, which normally only happens if you target a pokemon with a type it's immune to, i.e. Psychic. Might also be worth noting Toxic Spikes were on Liepard's side of the field and Liepard was poisoned.

I haven't done any testing on it though to confirm it. If anyone can confirm what factors are the cause, it would be appreciated.  ;D

Re: Copycat/Protect Bug

Posted by: MegaLuxray
Date: 2017-08-12 13:33:06
i think this is because Dark types are immune to moves affected by Prankster, which I assume was Liepard's Ability. And this includes moves called by moves like Metronome, Assist, Copycat, and Sleep Talk.

Re: Copycat/Protect Bug

Posted by: Shrew
Date: 2017-08-19 18:01:41

i think this is because Dark types are immune to moves affected by Prankster, which I assume was Liepard's Ability. And this includes moves called by moves like Metronome, Assist, Copycat, and Sleep Talk.

Oh, you're right. Thanks for figuring that out!  :D