Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Has anyone researched Ultra Sun/Moon Glitch Pokemon? - Page 1

Has anyone researched Ultra Sun/Moon Glitch Pokemon?

Posted by: 0ErrorYT
Date: 2017-11-20 13:21:35
I'm far from having the tools to research these, but I just am wondering about USUM glitchmons. I don't think anyone has researched these yet, but it would be cool to see.

Re: Has anyone researched Ultra Sun/Moon Glitch Pokemon?

Posted by: xylo
Date: 2017-11-23 15:20:47
The invalid build of PKHeX hasn't been updated for US/UM yet.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-20 12:43:52
I'm wondering whether its possible to trade them over. Sun/Moon have restrictions for online trading but I haven't noticed any restrictions for regular Quick Link trades (however there's got to be so you can't trade over the Ultra Sun/Moon exclusive Pokémon to Sun/Moon).

I don't have Ultra Sun/Moon to test yet though, and if anyone does this it may be wise to back up your save file on custom firmware first.

Posted by: 0ErrorYT
Date: 2017-12-21 17:00:43
I also heard that they can be stored in Pokebank.
Side question: what happens when Sun and Moon invalid Pokemon are stored in the Daycare/forced into egg with PkHeX? I'd imagine the egg group would be undiscovered, but it would be cool to try

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 17:53:38
Wouldn't Ultra Sun and Moon be Gen 8?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-01 06:53:52
No, they're Gen 7. Mostly the same games, it's basically the "third game" (Emerald, Yellow, Crystal, etc.) but they split it in 2 to sell more games. :^)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-07-01 17:40:41
I was honestly disappointed by how little they added in them. On the whole they might have changed even less material than between R/S and Emerald or D/P and Platinum, and this was supposed to be the "third game" that warranted two versions why? The titles also led me to expect something closer to Black & White 2, but that was just wishful thinking on my part in the end.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-02 03:44:50
I know I am just bashing Game Freak because I hate them, but to me it looks like they aren't trying to make good games anymore. If they make anything it'll sell, why bother?