Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Delivery man out of bounds glitch (Pokémon Sun/Moon) - Page 1

Delivery man out of bounds glitch (Pokémon Sun/Moon)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-01-19 16:21:52
A user named DaWoblefet (who also has an account on these forums if I remember correctly) recorded this glitch previously documented by DragonWhale93. It has been known for quite a while now since July 2017, but I haven't noticed many people talking about it.

Apparently in Pokémon Sun/Moon if you save at the exact position in a Pokémon Center that the delivery man would appear, obtain a new Mystery Gift (you could possibly do it with a Pokémon Bank subscription) it is then possible to walk out of bounds into the void. However it's not known if there is anything extra you can do with this glitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNB4nk8-2OU

Re: Delivery man out of bounds glitch (Pokémon Sun/Moon)

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-01-22 11:44:40
Wow, if this leads to something else that's awesome! But we should hurry testing it before it gets patched.

Date: 2018-01-22 13:03:46

Wow, if this leads to something else that's awesome! But we should hurry testing it before it gets patched.

Yeah. :)

I may be able to test this as I have both a Pokémon Bank subscription and custom firmware with JK's save manager on my other 3DS to restore my save file if I get trapped.

Posted by: Fortranm
Date: 2018-01-22 15:43:33
The good thing is that Magearna QR code is supposed to work until the end of the time so there is always a way to make this happen. You can't use that QR code until beating the game though.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2018-01-24 00:56:47
Wait so… you can't get back into the Pokemon Center and interact with objects as normal, you can't get out of there entirely, it's a complete softlock as he says, and you can't remove the deliveryman and now you've saved there so you're stuck like that forever?

Sounds bad actually. RIP save file.

I'd hate for this to happen to someone accidentally…

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-01-24 09:58:21
I'm currently having all known Pokémon in my PC, except the 4 US/UM exclusives. It took me almost 10 years and 15 games to complete this thing. If this happens to me, I'd fucking quit life

Date: 2018-01-24 10:26:46

Wait so… you can't get back into the Pokemon Center and interact with objects as normal, you can't get out of there entirely, it's a complete softlock as he says, and you can't remove the deliveryman and now you've saved there so you're stuck like that forever?

Sounds bad actually. RIP save file.

I'd hate for this to happen to someone accidentally…

I see. Darn, what a dangerous glitch. :(

I'm currently having all known Pokémon in my PC, except the 4 US/UM exclusives. It took me almost 10 years and 15 games to complete this thing. If this happens to me, I'd fucking quit life

Same, it would make me feel really frustrated and quite angry too.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-01-24 20:19:22
>softlock unable to be fixed
I hope I have some CRTs left somewhere because we need some HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2018-03-01 11:17:56
Replicated, while you can't go back in bounds after going out of them, you can get back in bounds right after loading the save so it's not 100% trashed. Also, you cannot open any menus except the bag while in this state.

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 17:55:14
An extra thing you could do with it is crash your game! XD Though it would be more difficult than in Gen 1.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-01 07:00:13
I strongly doubt that. It's more likely to have you completely stuck and unable to do anything.