Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Let's Go, Pikachu! Let's Go, Eevee! glitch Eggs - Page 1

Let's Go, Pikachu! Let's Go, Eevee! glitch Eggs

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-12-04 10:24:16
I came across this video in German of someone named Blizzeatos battling with glitch Eggs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I52fzg0i0C4

In the video the glitch Eggs have the nickname "MISSINGNO". Do we know whether this is just a nickname or indeed the actual name?

Re: Let's Go, Pikachu! Let's Go, Eevee! glitch Eggs

Date: 2018-12-15 11:16:32
*Bump with more information revealed*

Last night I watched a video about attempting to transfer non-Generation I Pokémon into Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! Let's Go, Eevee!

Not much more information compared to the original was inferred, but it did appear to clarify the "MISSINGNO." text from the German video may have been a nickname or at least a region exclusive quirk.

The true name of these glitch Pokémon is that they appear to have a variable name, similar to the Generation VI and Generation VII glitch Pokémon.

(I hope other mods this text colour is OK, it's my new style of expression (sorry if it's not). Mutou Yami used to do this.)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-15 14:51:46
So in short, they're just Bad Eggs like in 3rd Gen?

(I think that text color is fine. I've been making posts in my favorite color since I signed up. :P )

Date: 2018-12-15 15:02:14

So in short, they're just Bad Eggs like in 3rd Gen?

(I think that text color is fine. I've been making posts in my favorite color since I signed up. :P )

Thanks Sherkel. :)

Yep, it seems that way. It appears that the only difference is their name. However, it's not clear whether these can pass a checksum to become a different glitch Pokémon, or if these glitch Pokémon are Eggs by default. Another difference is how (according to the video) fighting a wild version of the glitch Pokémon will give it a different sprite, such as a Marowak.

Earlier games, namely Generation VI and Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon have glitch Eggs in addition to these. If I remember correctly Generation VI Egg is another glitch Pokémon who in English is not called "Bad Egg". However, there was an old screenshot of a glitch Egg in Japanese X/Y with the name . It's possible that either was a nickname or was the Japanese species name for this glitch Pokémon.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-12-15 17:31:36
This color hurts my eyes. Especially on the white background.

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2018-12-15 22:28:18
I find the text color fine, but the title one is really eye burn-y for me.

Date: 2018-12-16 18:40:06
She changed it. I might prefer the current one too.

And by the title one, do you mean the red admin text that's existed since the forums were created?

No more I can think to say on the glitch eggs, really.

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2018-12-18 15:42:46

And by the title one, do you mean the red admin text that's existed since the forums were created?

Ye, I just never had an opportunity to say anything about it ^^'

Posted by: lapras
Date: 2019-01-22 21:29:49
Shouldn't this be in the non-core games forum?

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-01-22 22:57:03

yes and no. Technically it's a remake of Yellow, but it's also basically Pokemon Go.

dammit GF quit the bs and make up your mind on which you're gonna go with

Date: 2019-01-23 02:28:48

Sadly no. :P

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-01-23 05:16:35
Just move it in the dumpster where it belongs :^)