Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VII Glitch Discussion

Fairy Lock glitch - Page 1

Fairy Lock glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-03-03 08:41:27
Apparently in Sword/Shield Fairy Lock currently locks up the game (in v1.1) if animations are enabled. It seems no transferable Pokémon can learn it yet, so it has to be called with Metronome.

In Pokémon Sword and Shield v1.1, if a Pokémon uses Fairy Lock while animations are enabled, the game crashes. Due to no Pokémon that can learn the move being present in Pokémon Sword and Shield, the only way for this to legitimately occur is when the move is called via Metronome.

The crash does not occur if animations are disabled. It also does not occur in Pokémon Sword and Shield v1.0.

After checking the history, this was contributed by SadisticMystic. (who is also a member of this forum)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=Fairy_Lock_%28move%29&type=revision&diff=3096224&oldid=3090524

(Sorry this is in the wrong sub-board, please move)

Re: Fairy Lock glitch

Posted by: CasualPokePlayer
Date: 2020-03-03 10:03:26
Sounds like an ACE exploit kappa

(Probably not but it'd be epic if ACE was possible with this).

Date: 2020-03-03 12:04:09

Sounds like an ACE exploit kappa

(Probably not but it'd be epic if ACE was possible with this).

I don't know anything about the Switch architecture, but would be interesting! :) ha ha (I think Cryo and I had a discussion re: other freeze methods, like the Move Relearner list overflow ScriesM found).

Date: 2020-03-03 12:33:36
I may have got it to work. Lucky. It seems the freeze occurs before it actually says the Pokémon used Fairy Lock, so unfortunately I couldn't get it on video as I'm relying on the Switch built-in recorder, which doesn't let you take a video if the error message comes up. So next time, if this was the glitch; it's probably best to use a capture device. Metronome worked without a freeze but just before the (used x) text this happened. "The software was closed because an error occurred." screen popped up; like the Move Relearner glitch.

Posted by: CasualPokePlayer
Date: 2020-03-03 13:54:44

re: other freeze methods, like the Move Relearner list overflow ScriesM found).

Speaking of that, that was reportedly fixed in v1.1, has anyone independently verified that and checked whether it was only a partial fix (if the v1.1 fix true).