Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

rate Drak's team - Page 1

Re: rate Drak's team

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-02-16 11:52:11

Bastiodon–
stealth rock
stone edge
iron head
metal burst

If you're only going to run attacks on it, I suggest a Choice Band or Life Orb.  Even so, Bastiodon was made to tank, and he doesn't eve do a good job of that.  I would suggest you use this:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ice Fang
Slack off
Roar
Earthquake

basically, just roar away any special attackers, Ice fang dragons and flying-types, and earthquake anything else.  Slack off is an egg move and restores your health.  Watch out for Bronzong though

Garchomp–
Dragon rush
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Swords dance

Dragon rush is special, I think, and Garchomp's special is horrible. Use this:

Garchomp @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw

Life Orb is for some extra power.  If you don't like the recoil, use Leftovers instead just watch out for Ice-Types

Shuckle–
Toxic
Sandstorm
Double team
Rest

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! This Shuckle has a bad moveset. If you want to use him, don't use sandstorm, use something with sandstream. Try:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Knock Off
Encore
Rest
Stealth Rock/Toxic

set up stealth rock then Encore pokemon trying to boost their stats, use Knock off to get rid of Choice Items and Leftovers.  You could go with toxic, where you would Encore first, then toxic.

Gengar–
Dark pulse
Dream eater
Hypnosis
Nightmare

This set isn't all that good. Hypnosis is great, but you could only use this set on one pokemon. I would suggest:

Gengar @ Leftovers/Wide Lens
Hypnosis
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt/Focus Blast

Doesn't really need an explanation. Will-O-Wisp Physical attackers, Hypnosis annyoning things and counters to this set and the special moves are a given. If you want to use Wide Lens for better accuracy, you can go with Focus Blast too.  It'll get 77 Accuracy instead of it's normal 70, and gives you a combo that can hit everything for at least neutral damage.

Scizor–
iron head
X-scissor
Nigth slash
Swords dance
Going with this, I would use a Choice band.  Otherwise, I'd suggest this:

Scizor @ Life Orb
X-Scissor
Roost
Metal Claw/Iron Head
Agility

Agility to out speed things, then sweep.  Metal claw if he has technician, if he has Swarm, use Iron Head. Sweep

Lucario–
Dragon pulse
Aura sphere
Extremespeed
Me first

Horrible moveset. Me First is a novelty at best.  Don't use Extreemspeed on a special set.  Try focusing on eithier his special attack, or his Physical attack, not both. Since your team is in need of Special Attackers, let's go with:

Lucario @ Choice Specs/Life Orb/Expert Belt
Aura Sphere
Vacuum Wave
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Breaks through most walls.  This guy can 2HKO most, if not, all Blissey's, andhas great type coverage, which is why you might want to use Expert Belt.  Choice Specs increases your Special to massive proportions, but if you don't want to be locked into one move, try a Life Orb.

all are at lvl 71 aprox,but i battle trhough wi-fi they go up to 100
mwahahaha,not even a wondertomb can beat this team,shuckle can kill wondertombs

Posted by: Drakkar
Date: 2008-02-17 19:37:14
??…you don't know how many figths that shuckle have won!! >:( the shuckle you are reccommending me is worst than mine  >:(
fire fang?! on a garchomp?! i better use stone edge,it has better ice sweeping performance
please if you are going to tell me everything is wrong don't post

I'm not too familiar with Diamond/Pearl moves, but it isn't a bad team. A few suggestions though:
Garchomp–
Dragon rush
Dragon claw
One or the other. NO same-type moves.
Shuckle–
Toxic
Sandstorm
Double team
Rest
Awesome. I always pwned with this on Netbattle, but those nimrods on SPPF wouldn't listen to it. I think I had Protect in there though.
Gengar–
Dark pulse
Dream eater
Hypnosis
Nightmare
Give it Thunderbolt somewhere.
Also you need EVs and items and IVs aaand abilities and nature. Would have been a Wom increase on SPPF.

i like this kind of suggerences where the criticer offers suggerences and praises good jobs on the criticed(like guy that liked my shuckle)
but i hate being criticed by a i-know-it-all (sorry if i am offending you but that's how you sound by those commentaries ) that tells everything in the criticed is wrong,i will take your commentary about lucario becasue even i know it has a bad moveset but i think that's the only suggerence i will take from you

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-02-19 17:46:15
Well, actually, Kannon did it in the correct format, but I usually can't spot many errors.

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-02-20 16:35:35

??…you don't know how many figths that shuckle have won!! >:( the shuckle you are reccommending me is worst than mine  >:(
fire fang?! on a garchomp?! i better use stone edge,it has better ice sweeping performance
please if you are going to tell me everything is wrong don't post

I'm not too familiar with Diamond/Pearl moves, but it isn't a bad team. A few suggestions though:
Garchomp–
Dragon rush
Dragon claw
Shuckle–
Toxic
Sandstorm
Double team
Rest
Awesome. I always pwned with this on Netbattle, but those nimrods on SPPF wouldn't listen to it. I think I had Protect in there though.
Gengar–
Dark pulse
Dream eater
Hypnosis
Nightmare
Also you need EVs and items and IVs aaand abilities and nature. Would have been a Wom increase on SPPF.

i like this kind of suggerences where the criticer offers suggerences and praises good jobs on the criticed(like guy that liked my shuckle)
but i hate being criticed by a i-know-it-all (sorry if i am offending you but that's how you sound by those commentaries ) that tells everything in the criticed is wrong,i will take your commentary about lucario becasue even i know it has a bad moveset but i think that's the only suggerence i will take from you

hey, if you didn't want your team criticized, you shouldn't of put it here in the first place.  Besides, People on Smogon would ban you for not using the proper format and not including natures, IVs, and EVs.  So, be glad all I did was criticize

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-03 08:13:58
You could still be more polite about it Kannon. Remember we are offering suggestions, not ordering their team to be as so-and-so.

Bastiondon could stand to have a move that deals with ground-types. It's got good defenses, but that doesn't mean it'll stand up to a Earthquake very well, being 4X weak to it.

Garchomp doesn't need Dragon Rush and Dragon Claw. Try getting rid of Dragon Claw in favor of a move of another type, like Stone Edge or Rock Slide (to deal with Ice types if you get stuck facing one)

Shuckle looks good, though I would reccomend Protect over Double Team. Evasion boosting takes a while, and one unlucky hit could screw up all your plans.

Gengar is a little too dependant on sleep-related moves. Go with either Nightmare or Dream Eater, but don't do both. In that free move slot put another attack move, like Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Explosion/whatever.

Scizor looks good overall. I would reccommend Choice Scarf for it, though. It has problems with Speed, but Choice Scarf could help make it for it.

Lucario is one of those few Pokemon that can be a good mixed battler. Over Me First I would reccomend Dark Pulse or Psychic, as they're more reliable. Of course, youmight want to check Lucario's stats too. Is one stat considerably higher than the other? Then you might want to favor the higher stat in its moveset.

Posted by: WithLightsOut
Date: 2008-03-24 18:52:16
I'd replace sandstorm on shuckle for earthquake

Date: 2008-03-24 19:40:13

(}O >:( You are under arrest!

Posted by: WithLightsOut
Date: 2008-03-25 17:47:19

(}O >:( You are under arrest!

:D haha

Date: 2008-03-26 14:21:47
Yeah Shuckle's meant for stalling…if anything.

rate Drak's team

Posted by: Drakkar
Date: 2008-03-31 22:52:29
Bastiodon–
stealth rock
stone edge
iron head
metal burst

Garchomp–
Dragon rush
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Swords dance

Shuckle–
Toxic
Sandstorm
Double team
Rest

Gengar–
Dark pulse
Dream eater
Hypnosis
Nightmare

Scizor–
iron head
X-scissor
Nigth slash
Swords dance

Lucario–
Dragon pulse
Aura sphere
Extremespeed
Mefirst

all are at lvl 71 aprox,but i battle trhough wi-fi they go up to 100
mwahahaha,not even a wondertomb can beat this team,shuckle can kill wondertombs

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-03-31 23:17:40
nICE

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-03-31 23:31:15
I agree. Especially with Shuckle (you made one of the worst Pokemon into a powerhouse).

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-04-01 11:20:47
Can you post their stats?

Date: 2008-04-01 14:57:57
Garchomp–
Dragon rush
Dragon claw
Shuckle–
Toxic
Sandstorm
Double team
Rest
Gengar–
Dark pulse
Dream eater
Hypnosis
Nightmare