Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

The Error's Emerald Team - Page 1

The Error's Emerald Team

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-05-20 12:19:12
Regice
Level: 100
Moves: Thunder, Blizzard, Icy Wind, Superpower
Ability: Clear Body, stops other Pokemon's abilities from affecting this Pokemon

Regirock
Moves: Superpower, Strength, Earthquake, Ancientpower
Ability: Same as Regice

Registeel
Moves: Superpower, Zap Cannon, Hyper Beam, Earthquake
Ability: Same as other Regis

Omaster (Traded from Fire Red)
Moves: Surf, Blizzard, Rock Slide, Hydro Pump
Ability: Shell Armor, opponents cannot critically strike Omastar.

Omanyte (Traded from Leaf Green)
Level: 70, used gameshark, and stopped evolving every time
Moves: Surf, Rock Throw, Ancientpower, Hydro Pump

please rate!

Re: The Error's Emerald Team

Date: 2008-05-20 12:38:58
Also my Red (Emulator) Team

[Glitch block]
Health: B27/603
Type: Water
Lvl 255
Moves: TM 05, Slam, Hypnosis, glitchy blank move

[Bunch of glitch blocks]
Health: 455/455
Type: Glitch
Lvl 215
Moves: Slam, Super Glitch, Blank move, TM 05

'Ng'Mp
Health: 693/693
Type: Flying, Normal
Lvl 255
Moves: Super Glitch, Poisonpowder, Cut, [blank]

MissingNo.
Health: goes off screen due to Super Glitch from 'Ng'Mp
Type: Bird, Normal
Lvl 100
Moves: Water Gun, Water Gun, Sky Attack

Health: 999/999
Type: PokeManiac
Lvl 255
Moves: Super Glitch, Super Glitch, Guillotine, TM 29

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-05-24 16:13:07

Regice
Moves: Thunder, Blizzard, Icy Wind, Superpower
Ability: Clear Body, stops other Pokemon's abilities from affecting this Pokemon

Blizzard and Icy Wind both on the same set is redundant.  Use either Blizzard (if you have hail support) for power, or Ice Beam for more PP otherwise.  Icy Wind is inferior to both, so it's pointless.  Replace Thunder with Thunderbolt if you're using Hail support, and use rain support for Thunder.  Superpower is a pathetic choice unless you're using it for type variety in a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf set.  Also post their hold itmes

Regirock
Moves: Superpower, Strength, Earthquake, Ancientpower
Ability: Same as Regice

Srength is just plain pathetic, replace it with something different right away.  While he'd be using a Choice Band, and not a Choice Scarf, see above for my argument on Superpower

Registeel
Moves: Superpower, Zap Cannon, Hyper Beam, Earthquake
Ability: Same as other Regis

Are you addicted to Superpower or something?  See above.  Zap Cannon is a rather poor choice because of it's low accuracy, and you'd have to pair it up with Lock-On, which only goes for the next move, so it'd still be a poor choice.  Hyper Beam should NEVER BE USED PERIOD.  It's a horrible move that leaves you open to being murdered.

Omastar (Traded from Fire Red) Spell it right, it's not that hard
Moves: Surf, Blizzard, Rock Slide, Hydro Pump
Ability: Shell Armor, opponents cannot critically strike Omastar.

Hydro Pump shouldn't be here with Surf. Use Surf for Acuarcy/PP, or Hydro Pump for extra power (which Omastar badly needs) See Regice for my Blizzard argument, except here it's viable without hail for the extra power.  And Omastar hardly has the attack power to pull off Rock Slide, and if you really need a rock move, get Stone Edge

Omanyte (Traded from Leaf Green)
Level: 70, used gameshark, and stopped evolving every time
Moves: Surf, Rock Throw, Ancientpower, Hydro Pump

Just plain inferior to Omastar, replace it ASAP

please rate!

All of this is assuming you're going to be using this on D/P

Also my Red (Emulator) Team

[Glitch block]
Health: B27/603
Type: Water
Lvl 255
Moves: TM 05, Slam, Hypnosis, glitchy blank move

Might that blank move be the Cooltrainer move?  Otherwise, I'd suggest replacing Slam with Hyper Beam for a finisher.  Note: Hyper Beam is actually viable in R/B/Y because of a programmnig error lets you skip the recharge turn on KOs with it

[Bunch of glitch blocks]
Health: 455/455
Type: Glitch
Lvl 215
Moves: Slam, Super Glitch, Blank move, TM 05

See above for slam.  And doesn't Super Glitch screw up your game by just being there?

'Ng'Mp
Health: 693/693
Type: Flying, Normal
Lvl 255
Moves: Super Glitch, Poisonpowder, Cut, [blank]

Poison is a pathetic status in R/B/Y, use Paralysis or Sleep.  And Cut is just lame :/  I might suggest using all four move slots for maximum efficency

MissingNo.
Health: goes off screen due to Super Glitch from 'Ng'Mp Don't need to know that, and you can just look at the stats screen to figure it out
Type: Bird, Normal
Lvl 100
Moves: Water Gun, Water Gun, Sky Attack

MissingNo.'s stats are crap other than it's attack, but seriously, teach it some TM's and pray that he doesn't even get looked at so he can attack before he faints. Water Gun twice, is not only redundant, but it's inferior to Surf/Hydro Pump, and hit from his pitifully low Special, and Sky Attack is pathetic because of it's charge turn, in which the only likely thing happening is you getting killed.

Health: 999/999
Type: PokeManiac
Lvl 255
Moves: Super Glitch, Super Glitch, Guillotine, TM 29

The same move twice is redundant, and none of your moves will be hitting much.

I don't know very much about R/B/Y glitch battling, but that's what the GlitchDex and AtackDex are for :D  Also, use ALL of your team slots and move slots to get the most out of your team.  And while most glitches have no weaknesses, most of them don't get STAB either, so seriously consider using a team with some normal pokemon, or hybrid glitches.  And there's no items in link battles, so most of your moves will be missing most of the time

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-05-25 04:05:50
Your R/B team is OK. Just need to get rid of the game ruining Super glitch moves.

Date: 2008-05-25 12:23:27
umm… shut up with those criticizing quotes Kannon. -_- I don't give a shit because I'm not using it on D/P
and my Red team, well, .4's super glitch moves are different, didn't you know that?
I'm trying to get rid of those super glitches, but I've tried some of them and the effects are funny, not really "Game ruining"

Date: 2008-05-29 17:17:35

umm… shut up with those criticizing quotes Kannon. -_- I don't give a shit because I'm not using it on D/P
and my Red team, well, .4's super glitch moves are different, didn't you know that?
I'm trying to get rid of those super glitches, but I've tried some of them and the effects are funny, not really "Game ruining"

If you didn't want it rated like it should have been, don't post it.  The whole point of these boards is to see what others think of your team and how they think it can be improved. So stop PMSing because I actually do a half-assed job of observing your team in the competitive meta-gaming mind and get over it.  And super glitch is game ruining, because it scrambles the RAM in the game, doesn't mean it always will ruin your game or do it right away, but it can and most likely will if you give it the time to.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-05-29 17:29:07

umm… shut up with those criticizing quotes Kannon. -_- I don't give a s**t because I'm not using it on D/P

If you didn't want it rated like it should have been, don't post it.  The whole point of these boards is to see what others think of your team and how they think it can be improved. So stop PMSing because I actually do a half-assed job of observing your team in the competitive meta-gaming mind and get over it.  And super glitch is game ruining, because it scrambles the RAM in the game, doesn't mean it always will ruin your game or do it right away, but it can and most likely will if you give it the time to.
Kannon aka Glitchby, you over criticize things! The last time you looked at a team, you literally told him to change his team! And two moves of the same type can be useful, if you need say, an ice type move, and you run out of PP for one, you can use the other! Let's just see your oh, so great team!

Date: 2008-05-29 21:29:21

umm… shut up with those criticizing quotes Kannon. -_- I don't give a s**t because I'm not using it on D/P

Kannon aka Glitchby, you over criticize things! The last time you looked at a team, you literally told him to change his team! And two moves of the same type can be useful, if you need say, an ice type move, and you run out of PP for one, you can use the other! Let's just see your oh, so great team!

1. That's pretty much what rating a team is.
2. My name is Kannon
3. K

EDIT: Team's right here

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-05-29 22:29:54
1. I ment, chanfe his team 100%
2.In the past your name was glitchby.
3.I need to know there stats.

Date: 2008-06-02 01:04:27
*In reply to Kannon's second post*
Well, I see your point, but Kannons pst was just too insulting to me, I just had to post that out of anger!
…and by the way this conversation is pretty much changing  O_o