Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

Boxman's Coolish LG Decamark Team - Page 1

Boxman's Coolish LG Decamark Team

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2008-07-01 10:55:38
If you don't know anything about Decamarks, or you want to see their base stats, go to the Melchior X thread.

Completed (Lv100)

FOCUS ENERGY@ ????????
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Ingrain

SKULL BASH@ ????????
ThunderPunch

NFUSE RAY@ ????????
ThunderPunch
Fire Punch
Heat Wave

In Training

E CLUB@ ???????? (Lv.6)
ThunderPunch
Focus Punch
Will-o-wisp
Taunt

DEFENSE CURL@ ???????? (Lv.19)
ThunderPunch
Mist Ball
Ice Punch
Super Power

IRE BLAST@ ???????? (Lv.7)
ThunderPunch
Nature Power
Bind

Well, any suggestions? Feel free to suggest any Decamarks to replace the ones already on my team.

Re: Boxman's Coolish LG Decamark Team

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-07-02 21:57:09
I don't know too much about the Decamarks' stats, so I'll have to check the Melchior X thread, but as far as moves go, they have some pretty crappy choices.  Some of these guys don't even have a full 4 moves, and the ?????????? item does nothing :/  On E CLUB, Taunt and Focus Punch kinda work against each other.  Taunt makes them unable to do anything other than attack, while Focus Punch requires you to not get hit to pull it off. SKULL BASH Only has Thunderpunch, give it more moves ASAP. Fire Punch and heatwave are redundant, because they both are fire moves, with Fire Punch being inferior because it's weaker.  Same issue with DEFENSE CURL's Mist Ball and Ice Punch.  IRE BLAST needs to get rid of bind, which is pathetic, and Nature Power does practicaly nothing without a berry.  As I said, I don't know their stats or abilities, so this is just my view on their movesets.  And try not to flip out because you didn't like the fact I criticized your team, like everyone else has the tendency to do.

Date: 2008-07-02 22:11:18

And try not to flip out because you didn't like the fact I criticized your team, like everyone else has the tendency to do.

WAHHHHHHHWHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU TWOO HAWSH.

Nah, I don't mind even the most criticizing opinions. Decamarks have random moves just to let you know. So, yeah, I was going to post the base stats, as THAT is what you should be looking at. However I had no time, so I didn't. Yeah, just give me ones with better base SpATK, and a good Wall and I'll be on my way.

Date: 2008-07-02 22:32:40
Well, random moves is really the thing that affects your guys the most.  It needs to have a specialized moveset to be a sweeper/tank/wall/whatever, and with random moves, they won't be very specialized.  If they can learn any TMs, teach them some, it'd be a lot better.  Otherwise, that's the critical problem with your awesome, yet not well thought through Decamark team, is the fact their moves are random.  I do see that most of them have thunderpunch though.  And if you could post their abilities for me at least, that'd be great.  Otherwise, there's not much else to say about them.

Date: 2008-07-02 22:43:03

Well, random moves is really the thing that affects your guys the most.  It needs to have a specialized moveset to be a sweeper/tank/wall/whatever, and with random moves, they won't be very specialized.  If they can learn any TMs, teach them some, it'd be a lot better.  Otherwise, that's the critical problem with your awesome, yet not well thought through Decamark team, is the fact their moves are random.  I do see that most of them have thunderpunch though.  And if you could post their abilities for me at least, that'd be great.  Otherwise, there's not much else to say about them.

Thing is I can run FOCUS ENERGY as a Sweeper without the "Needed Moves" 536 SpA ThunderPunch is nothing to Scoff at. However I could see about Thunder.

Abilities:
Focus Energy- Drizzle This is why I want Thunder, 536 SpA Thunder is KILLER.

SKULL BASH- Arena Trap

NFUSE RAY- No Special Ability (553 SpA though)

DEFENSE CURL- Battle Armor

E CLUB- Inner Focus

IRE BLAST- Sychronize

Date: 2008-07-02 22:54:53

Thing is I can run FOCUS ENERGY as a Sweeper without the "Needed Moves" 536 SpA ThunderPunch is nothing to Scoff at. However I could see about Thunder.

Abilities:
Focus Energy- Drizzle This is why I want Thunder, 536 SpA Thunder is KILLER.

Alright, that's understandable, although I'd still see about some TMs

SKULL BASH- Arena Trap

He could be a revenge killer if he has good attack/special attack, and good speed

NFUSE RAY- No Special Ability (553 SpA though)

No Ability is really a let-down.  The special attack is wicked though

DEFENSE CURL- Battle Armor

Use him to scout and nulify critical hits that would kill everyone else.  Get Substitue on him if you can, it'll help with that

E CLUB- Inner Focus

His ability isn't all that usefull, but meh, it COULD help, but only in theory

IRE BLAST- Sychronize

I'd use this guy to absorb and spread status, just watch out for the Guts ability then.

Normally, I'd put comments in bold, but you already used bold, so to avoid confusion, comments are in Italics.