Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

Rate my Dream Team on a Scale of 1 to 10! - Page 1

Rate my Dream Team on a Scale of 1 to 10!

Posted by: BLMNDEF
Date: 2009-02-07 17:53:33
Rate my Dream Team on a Scale of 1 to 10!
My dream team is:

Mew - Level: 100, Moves in Order: Aura Sphere, Psychic, Stone Edge, Explosion

Arceus - Level: 100, Moves in Order: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard

Swimmy (Kyogre) - Level: 100, Moves in Order: Sheer Cold, Water Spout, Thunder, Surf

Darkrai - Level: 100, Moves in Order: Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Spacial Rend, Roar of Time

Palkia (Shiny) - Level: 100, Moves in Order: Spacial Rend, Aura Sphere, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse

Dragonite - Level: 50, Moves in Order: Draco Meteor, Fly, Surf, Outrage

Hope you like it!

P.S. I already have the last 4 in my Pokemon Pearl. I just need Mew and Arceus…..waiting for event……waiting…….waiting…..

Re: Rate my Dream Team on a Scale of 1 to 10!

Date: 2009-02-09 19:34:24
Come on….anyone?  :???:

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-02-09 20:08:24
Really good, 8/10. The only things I would change would be giving your strongest Pok?mon an attack like Giga Impact or Hyper Beam, and raising your Dragonite to Level 100 and teaching something more useful than Surf and Fly (like Thunderpunch, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Hyper Beam). Other than that, good job. ;)

Date: 2009-02-10 06:31:53
Okay I might do that but the reason Dragonite is Lv. 50 is because I got him at an event and the whole point of the event was to have the Lv. 50 Dragonite because normally can only be a Lv. 55 minimum level.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-02-28 23:49:32

Okay I might do that but the reason Dragonite is Lv. 50 is because I got him at an event and the whole point of the event was to have the Lv. 50 Dragonite because normally can only be a Lv. 55 minimum level.

Then get a different one, and use that one for display.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-03-01 05:38:40
Assuming this thread is still alive…
Team - If the Dragonite's at Level 50 for tournaments, keep the whole team at Level 50 or train it to Level 100 (I understand it is from an event, so catch a new one). If it's for tournaments, you'd have to get rid of mpst of that team, so on Wi-fi get a Level 100 Dragonite. Types look good other than the overlap of Dragon between Palkia and Dragonite.
Mew - Looks pretty good, but not sure about Explosion.
Arceus - Need to know what plate it's holding.
Swimmy - Don't risk OHKO moves without an accuracy-assuring move. Exchange that and Water Spout with Calm Mind and Ice Beam.
Darkrai - Replace Roar of Time with Nightmare, and consider Hypnosis, though Spacial Rend doesn't look that bad. Never use moves requiring recharging.
Palkia - Replace Water Pulse with Surf, and either Dragon Pulse or Spacial Rend with a different type special move.
Dragonite - Try Dragon Rush, HP Flying, and two more physical moves.
5.5/10

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-19 07:22:49
Why put Hypnosis on Darkrai when Dark Void is the same thing with more accuracy?

Date: 2009-03-25 14:58:31

Why put Hypnosis on Darkrai when Dark Void is the same thing with more accuracy?
I actually forgot about that, but what if the other Pok?mon wakes up first?

Date: 2009-03-25 22:40:31
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Dark Void doesn't send the user to sleep.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-25 23:10:44
What about an Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo?

Date: 2009-03-26 04:59:14
Because that relies on the opponent not having a Lum Berry, Sleep Talk, Early Bird, or anything like that. Also, Dark Void/Dream Eater would still be a better idea.
For future reference:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hypnosis_(move)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Void_(move)
Note that Dark Void has less PP, but 10% more accuracy.

Date: 2009-03-26 08:30:15

Because that relies on the opponent not having a Lum Berry, Sleep Talk, Early Bird, or anything like that. Also, Dark Void/Dream Eater would still be a better idea.
For future reference:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hypnosis_(move)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Void_(move)
Note that Dark Void has less PP, but 10% more accuracy.
Thanks. I've never been too familiar with D/P competitive stuff, so thanks.