Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

A team I've been considering starting for a while - Page 1

A team I've been considering starting for a while

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-02-25 19:24:23
Well, this is a team I've been considering starting for a while, but still have not started yet, for rsuome sreason. But now that rum season is over I'll just have it rated. It's three dudes for now. Sorry about forgetting the format, I haven't done this in ages.
Breloom@Lum Berry (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP)
Adamant Nature
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
Doubtful about the last two moves.

Latios@Soul Dew (252 SpAtk, 252 SpDef, 6 HP)
Modest Nature
-Psychic
-Recover
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
This is gonna be for both the 3rd and 4th gen battle places, so if a really strong new Dragon move was possible, oh well.

Rattata@Focus Sash (No focus on EVs)
No focus on nature
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
Not much to say here.

Re: A team I've been considering starting for a while

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-02-25 21:18:29
For Breloom in D/P, use this:

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
44 HP, 252 Atk, 212 Spd
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
-Spore or Seed Bomb

This moveset, although smogon standard, is probably Breloom's best bet for success. Poison Heal + Leech Seed recovers insane amounts of HP, allowing Substitute (and consequently Focus Punch) to be set up with ease. Go with Seed Bomb over Spore if you want better offense.

For Latios, consider Calm Mind over Psychic. I understand that Psychic gives STAB, but Calm Mind turns Latios into a riduculously powerful tank.

Date: 2009-02-26 20:38:13

For Breloom in D/P, use this:

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
44 HP, 252 Atk, 212 Spd
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
-Spore or Seed Bomb

This moveset, although smogon standard, is probably Breloom's best bet for success. Poison Heal + Leech Seed recovers insane amounts of HP, allowing Substitute (and consequently Focus Punch) to be set up with ease. Go with Seed Bomb over Spore if you want better offense.

For Latios, consider Calm Mind over Psychic. I understand that Psychic gives STAB, but Calm Mind turns Latios into a riduculously powerful tank.
Thank you very much.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-02-26 20:53:36
Also, I'll repeat the same advice I was given in my thread back there: If you have the time (and a Smeargle), F.E.A.R. Phanpy with Ice Shard is superior to Rattata, due to Sandstorm immunity, and Ice Shard hits ghosts.

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-02-26 22:45:33
No problem. That looks like a pretty awesome BT team =0

Date: 2009-02-27 15:12:27

Also, I'll repeat the same advice I was given in my thread back there: If you have the time (and a Smeargle), F.E.A.R. Phanpy with Ice Shard is superior to Rattata, due to Sandstorm immunity, and Ice Shard hits ghosts.
Hey, cool!

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-02-27 17:08:40
Or F.E.A.R. Kangaskahn, as it can attack ghosts.