Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

My attempt at building some kind of GSC team - Page 1

My attempt at building some kind of GSC team

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-19 06:23:44
I think this may just be the only GSC team ever to not use Snorlax, Skarmory, or Blissey. (If you're wondering why not, it's because I simply don't find them as fun to play with.)

Everybody holds Leftovers except Alakazam. (Fuck you, Item Clause)
EDIT: updates in bold
Alakazam w/ Miracleberry
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Recover
- Thunderpunch
Nothing here that needs my commentary.

Tyranitar
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Thunderbolt
blah blah blah blah blah

Suicune
- Surf
- Roar
- Mirror Coat
- Toxic
Just because it makes a better wall than Umbreon.

Miltank
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Curse
Boring old Cursetank (or is it Milcurse? I forgot), move along

Scizor
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power Bug
Baton passer, etc

Dragonite
- Wing Attack
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Extremespeed
Just a mixed sweeper. Shame it doesn't have much of a physical movepool in GSC. :\

Re: My attempt at building some kind of GSC team

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2009-03-23 22:13:12
Most GSC team actually lack Skarmory and Blissey nowadays ;D

Your team actually has a problem with a lot of the NYPC Pokemon, such as Lovely Kiss Nidoking or Snorlax.  In fact, LK Drumlax can plow though this team.  I would suggest swapping out Umbreon (who does nothing for the team anyways) for a good old Machamp, or Heracross, who can mess up both of them with STAB fighting moves.

Dragon is still a piss-poor STAB type, move along.  I would suggest using Wing Attack/HP Fight/Thunderbolt/Surf for a mixed attacker.

HP Bug is a better STAB move on Scizor than Steel Wing, and really, what are you passing to?  I would suggest using something to take status over Scizor, or hell, even Rest/Sleep Talk/SD/HP Bug Scizor

I dunno why Tyranitar has HP Fight, it mght be wiser to use Roar/Curse/Rock Slide/EQ or Crunch/Tbolt/Rock Slide/EQ for an attacking set.  And don't say TBolt is just for Skarmory, Suicune is a pokemon too D:

Miltank really doesn't do anything because you don't run anything with Rest, so why do you have it to heal bell?  You might be wise to try a nice sturdy ground or flying type in that slot.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-23 23:07:01

Most GSC team actually lack Skarmory and Blissey nowadays ;D
woot

Your team actually has a problem with a lot of the NYPC Pokemon, such as Lovely Kiss Nidoking or Snorlax.  In fact, LK Drumlax can plow though this team.  I would suggest swapping out Umbreon (who does nothing for the team anyways) for a good old Machamp, or Heracross, who can mess up both of them with STAB fighting moves.
I'm curious as to how Nidoking is going to be messed up by a type it resists.

Dragon is still a piss-poor STAB type, move along.  I would suggest using Wing Attack/HP Fight/Thunderbolt/Surf for a mixed attacker.
I'll consider it.

HP Bug is a better STAB move on Scizor than Steel Wing, and really, what are you passing to?  I would suggest using something to take status over Scizor, or hell, even Rest/Sleep Talk/SD/HP Bug Scizor
My tests in PS2 usually end up with me passing SD to Dragonite or Agility to Tyranitar.

I dunno why Tyranitar has HP Fight, it mght be wiser to use Roar/Curse/Rock Slide/EQ or Crunch/Tbolt/Rock Slide/EQ for an attacking set.  And don't say TBolt is just for Skarmory, Suicune is a pokemon too D:
So it can do super effective damage to more things. And Suicune is a Pokemon I forgot about.

Miltank really doesn't do anything because you don't run anything with Rest, so why do you have it to heal bell?  You might be wise to try a nice sturdy ground or flying type in that slot.
Paralysis and others screw up Alakazam's sweeping abilities.

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2009-03-24 21:58:52
Oh, well, Nidoking is messed up by Earthquake which both of them learn and I meant to mention there.

I'd still suggest putting rest on a few things before you use Heal Bell, as it's easier to keep Alakazam away from paralysis than it is to keep heal belling whenever he gets paralyzed.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-03-25 10:05:16

w/ the GSC equivalent of Lum Berry (I forgot the name)

Gold berry.  I think.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-03-25 14:31:47

Gold berry.  I think.

Gold Berry's the equivalent of the Sitrus Berry.  YOu're thinking of the Miracle Berry.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-03-25 21:42:58

Gold berry.  I think.

Gold Berry's the equivalent of the Sitrus Berry.  YOu're thinking of the Miracle Berry.

Right you are.  My mistake.

Posted by: some one new
Date: 2009-12-11 14:25:07
Charizard

Fire Blast
Flamethower
Fly
Earthquake

Typhlosion

Flamethrower
Thunder punch