Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

Pokemon Red & Pokemon Emerald Teams - Page 1

Pokemon Red & Pokemon Emerald Teams

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-05 13:22:32
Since I haven't posted my teams before, I thought I'd do so before I forget once again. I haven't put a Ruby team together yet, as I do have the other games, but I've restarted on most of them due to screw-ups.

Pokemon Red:

Muystu/Mewtwo
Level: 100
HP: 399
Attack: 316
Defense: 254
Speed: 354
Special: 386
OT/Yami
IDNo.16577

Move Set:
Thunderbolt PP 15/15
Psychic PP 10/10
Ice Beam PP 10/10
Recover PP 20/20

Charizard/Charizard
HP: 335
Attack: 248
Defense: 244
Speed: 286
Special: 244
OT/ Kira TR (It is mine, under my real name, from my Blue before I had to restart)
IDNo.13234

Move Set:
Fly PP 24/24
Slash PP 32/32
Earthquake PP 16/16
Flamethrower PP 24/24

Primeape/Primeape
HP: 286
Attack: 263
Defense: 185
Speed: 261
Special: 175
OT/Vialli (It was my brother's but he gave Primeape to me, and he used Vialli, who was my brother's favorite football player for Chelsea FC)
IDNo.18029

Move Set:
Low Kick PP 32/32
Body Slam PP 15/15
Rock Slide PP 10/10
Thunderbolt PP 24/24

Chansey/Chansey
HP: 670
Attack: 77
Defense: 83
Speed: 159
Special: 267
OT/Mewtwo (Again my brother's but he gave me Chansey, and named himself after his favorite Pokemon, Mewtwo. He gave me 3 Pokemon when he was alive and well, about a long time ago)
IDNo.45735

Move Set:
Psychic PP 16/16
Ice Beam PP 16/16
Fire Blast PP 8/8
Thunderbolt PP 24/24

Nidoking/Nidoking
HP: 331
Attack: 267
Defense: 228
Speed: 242
Special: 240
OT/Justin (My late other brother, who was good with a lot of Pokemon, and he gave me Nidoking, as he raised a better one, and a better Chansey, and Primeape)
IDNo.53255

Move Set:
Blizzard PP 8/8
Fire Blast PP 8/8
Earthquake PP 16/16
Thunderbolt PP 24/24

Venusaur/Venusaur
HP: 347
Attack: 252
Defense: 260
Speed: 242
Special: 286
OT/Yami
IDNo.16577

Move Set:
Solarbeam PP 10/10
Razor Leaf PP 25/25
Mega Drain PP 10/10
Sleep Powder PP 15/15.

Pokemon Emerald team (for the moment, I'm still training)

Raguraaji/Marshstomp
Level: 24
HP: 78
Attack: 53
Defense: 47
Special Attack: 36
Special Defense: 47
Speed: 41
OT/Emerald (Me)
IDNo.56608

Move Set:
Tackle PP 35/35
Mud Shot PP 15/15
Water Gun PP 25/25
Bide PP20/20

Dustox/Dustox
Level: 22
HP: 70
Attack: 37
Defense: 48
Special Attack: 33
Special Defense: 48
Speed: 36
OT/Emerald
IDNo.57608

Move Set:
Gust PP 35/35
Poison Sting PP 35/35
Tackle PP 35/35
Moonlight PP 5/5

Agehanto/Beautifly
Level: 22
HP: 65
Attack: 42
Defense: 33
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 34
Speed: 43
OT/Emerald
IDNo.57608

Move Set:
Gust PP 35/35
Poison Sting PP 35/35
Tackle PP 35/35
Morning Sun PP 5/5

Yena/Mightyena (Don't ask)
Level: 56
HP: 161
Attack: 111
Defense: 114
Special Attack: 90
Special Defense: 89
Speed: 116
OT/Emerald
IDNo.57608

Move Set:
Bite PP 40/40
Crunch PP 24/24
Iron Tail PP 24/24
Shadow Ball PP 24/24

The reason Yena, is 56, because I sent her to Colosseum, to train with my Mewtwo, to see how fast she would be since I've always wanted to raise a Mightyena, and I haven't been far on Emerald, and I wasn't sure if I had any baby Poochyena's I was breeding at the time on my Ruby, as I go with them of a speed of 14 or 15, and Yena, was level 5 when I caught her on Emerald, so I thought okay see how she does, and I let her evolve at 55, and her speed was quite good for a Dark-type, so it's why she's 56 as I was half way through Mt.Battle, in a battle, so she then leveled up after we'd gotten out of the next area.

Re: Pokemon Red & Pokemon Emerald Teams

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-05 16:20:17
Nice, Venusaur + Razor Leaf is always profit in R/B/Y because of the horrible crit system (125% chance to crit).

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-04-05 16:26:20
Are you sure you don't mean 12.5% chance of a critical hit?

Date: 2009-04-05 16:39:54
I have a HUGE soft spot for Charizards, as I thought on my Red, I'd raise a Bulbasaur, because I would of had another Charizard. :XD: I just love Charizards, shiny or not, or Hybirds or not I still am a huge fan of 'em.  All though I do plan on raising my Shiny Charmander on my ROM Emerald, and find my Charizard, from my FireRed, and breed them with a Ditto, since I don't have a female Charizard, nor does my brother's Pokemon Box data. I am quite good when it comes to rasing Metagross, and Charizard. Speaking of FireRed, I still need to put a team together on there, on Blue, Yellow, and the rest of my games, as long as my G/S, don't delete on me again. ??

Date: 2009-04-05 16:58:58

Are you sure you don't mean 12.5% chance of a critical hit?

I'm sure:

The random number in the randomizer can be anywhere between 217 and 255 (the magical number in programming!). In our damage calculator the "minimum" value is if 217 is chosen as the random number, the "maximum" value is if 255 is chosen, and "average" would be around 236ish.

Critical Hits in GSC, RSEFRLG and DP are determined like this. There are several Critical Hit "domains" that each attack resides in to determine an attack's chance to land a Critical Hit. Regular moves like Tackle and Scratch are in the first domain and moves with a high Critical Hit ratio like Razor Leaf and Cross Chop are higher. The higher the domain, the higher the chance you have to get a Critical Hit. In DP, though, each domain has a much smaller chance to land a Critical Hit compared to GSC and RSEFRLG (I would guess because there are new abilities like Sniper that would have warranted the CH chance to decrease). I remember reading that REGULAR moves like Ice Beam, etc., have a 6.25% chance to CH in DP, whereas this chance was doubled in the previous generations. Items like Scope Lens add another Critical Hit domain to any attack that its holder uses as well.

In RBY, the Critical Hit formula wasn't as defined. In fact, critical hits were actually based on a Pokemon's Speed stat. This is why Speed was so important back in RBY, and why otherwise subpar Pokemon like Dugtrio and Persian were able to shine in the RBY metagame: they could abuse the Critical Hit formula. Here are the critical hit formulas in RBY:

For regular moves, such as Scratch, Gust, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt:
CH chance = ([user's base Speed] * 100)/512

For moves with a high critical hit ratio, such as Slash, Crabhammer and Razor Leaf:
CH chance = ([user's base Speed] * 100)/64

Take a good look at the Critical Hit formula for moves with a high critical hit ratio. Now let's look at Venusaur's base Speed, shall we? It's 80. 80 multiplied by 100 is 8000, and 8000 divided by 64 is 125. What does that mean? It means there's a "125"% chance to land a Critical Hit, so Venusaur will always land a Critical Hit when it uses Razor Leaf in RBY. Seriously. It also means that Kingler will always land a Critical Hit when it uses Crabhammer and Persian will always land a Critical Hit when it uses Slash. The critical hit formula in RBY is so incredibly broken that even something as slow as Parasect has nearly a 50% chance to land a Critical Hit with Slash. The ridiculousness of Critical Hits in RBY are probably the main reason why the system was rehauled entirely in GSC.

Posted by: 007
Date: 2009-04-05 17:45:59
Considering where you are there's no reason not to optimize that Red team's moveset with the Q glitch.

Date: 2009-04-06 02:21:41
I hate to brake it to you lot, I don't have a GS/AR, so there's no way I have a Q Glitch on my Pokemon Red cartridge. The move set where my choice, I use power instead of useless moves. My Ruby's team is going slowly, I have so many Pokemon on there, and some were from my original data before I had to restart due to a problem. I don't have any level 100 Pokemon on Blue yet, and Yellow, no where near it. All though I do have a Yellow MissingNo. on my yellow that is totatlly useless! Yet its HP is 42/14. No joke. And what has the Q glitch got to do with my Red team'smove set?

Date: 2009-04-06 09:27:30

I hate to brake it to you lot, I don't have a GS/AR, so there's no way I have a Q Glitch on my Pokemon Red cartridge. The move set where my choice, I use power instead of useless moves. My Ruby's team is going slowly, I have so many Pokemon on there, and some were from my original data before I had to restart due to a problem. I don't have any level 100 Pokemon on Blue yet, and Yellow, no where near it. All though I do have a Yellow MissingNo. on my yellow that is totatlly useless! Yet its HP is 42/14. No joke. And what has the Q glitch got to do with my Red team'smove set?

If you have Yellow, you can get Q and trade it to Red.

Date: 2009-04-06 11:17:42
I don't want a fucking glitch on my Red. I can easily get one on ROMs. I asking ohers to rate my team not match my own moves sets with a damn glitch. It's taken me 7 years to replace my Blue cartridge and about a week or a month to replace my Red so, I'm not gonna damage my games. I use ROMs for glitches not my games.

Date: 2009-04-06 11:34:28
Oh, ok.  Sorry about that.

Date: 2009-04-06 17:50:30
Read the topic,s before posting it'll save a lot of trouble for you. This is a Rate My Team, board. Not a glitch whatever board. I'll post my Ruby team later, I'm tired and I have to go get my glassess in the morning, so I'll hunt through my Ruby, boxes to see what Pokemon I have that are mine from my current data, and what level they are.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-04-06 21:20:20
Just remember that the MissingNo. given to you when you joined may be blinded by the glare from prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses and may Super Glitch you without warning.

Also, please remember that the cake is a lie.  Emergency exits are here and here, and your MissingNo. may be used as a flotation device.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-04-06 23:51:20

Just remember that the MissingNo. given to you when you joined may be blinded by the glare from prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses and may Super Glitch you without warning.

Also, please remember that the cake is a lie.  Emergency exits are here and here, and your MissingNo. may be used as a flotation device.

Spam Spam Spam Spam, seriously dude, what the fuck is
your problem?

Anyays, I like the stats on your Mewtwo, Charizard and Chansey.

Date: 2009-04-07 02:51:43
Shinji, grow up. Thanks Doc. All though I am pissed that I lost my Yellow Mewtwo, with a special of over 400. I think it was before I lost him, was 425, or was it 455, I don't remember. My brother raised that Chansey, and the Charizard, is mine.

Posted by: 007
Date: 2009-04-09 19:53:28
Mewtwo peaks at 406 so you probably had a perfect Special gene.  Shit.