Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

Wa's Emerald team - Page 1

Wa's Emerald team

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-04-22 19:42:49
I really never use Diamond, so here is my Emerald team. All are level 100.

Swampert
HP-336          TACKLE
ATK-264        MUD SHOT
DEF-209        SURF
SP. ATK-224  EARTHQUAKE
SP. DEF-197
SPEED-175  Leftovers

Flygon
HP-321          CRUNCH
ATK-234        EARTHQUAKE
DEF-191        DRAGON CLAW
SP. ATK-212  FLY
SP. DEF-208
SPEED-240  Focus Band

Blaziken
HP-325        DOUBLE KICK
ATK-277        SKY UPPERCUT
DEF-183      BLAZE KICK
SP. ATK-274  SLASH
SP. DEF-171
SPEED-229  Will get a Scope Lens for Slash

Breloom
HP-283 ugh  SKY UPPERCUT
ATK-307        MACH PUNCH
DEF-165      MEGA DRAIN
SP. ATK-157  GIGA DRAIN
SP. DEF-177
SPEED-188  Not really sure what to give this.

Kyogre
HP-368        BODY SLAM
ATK-249      SURF
DEF-218      ICE BEAM
SP. ATK-336 WATER SPOUT
SP. DEF-267
SPEED-237  Nevermeltice

I am also currently training a Gorebyss with Body Slam, an Espeon with Shadow Ball, and a Blaziken with Rock Slide. They are all around level 50.

Please comment (especially on the Breloom - any move suggestions?)

Re: Wa's Emerald team

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-22 19:48:01
Nice team there, Wa. I would think of remove Tackle, with something more hard hitting when it comes to certain Pokemon. Swampert with either Body Slam/Brick Break (For Dark-types) or something else. Breloom, seems good but either Dynamicpunch/Giga Drain should do good.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-04-22 20:31:15

I really never use Diamond, so here is my Emerald team. All are level 100.

Swampert
HP-336          TACKLE
ATK-264         MUD SHOT
DEF-209        SURF
SP. ATK-224   EARTHQUAKE
SP. DEF-197
SPEED-175   Leftovers
Mud Shot and Earthquake on the same Pokemon are redundant - perhaps Mud Shot could be replaced with Ice Beam or Rock Slide, also Tackle definitely needs to be replaced.

Flygon
HP-321          CRUNCH
ATK-234         EARTHQUAKE
DEF-191        DRAGON CLAW
SP. ATK-212   FLY
SP. DEF-208
SPEED-240   Focus Band
Unless you have a shortage of HM slaves or something, replace Fly with Fire Blast or something.
Blaziken
HP-325         DOUBLE KICK
ATK-277        SKY UPPERCUT
DEF-183       BLAZE KICK
SP. ATK-274  SLASH
SP. DEF-171
SPEED-229   Will get a Scope Lens for Slash
Double Kick and Sky Uppercut is redundant, so replace one of them (actually if I were you I'd use Brick Break over both for the better accuracy) with something like Aerial Ace or Thunderpunch.
Breloom
HP-283 ugh  SKY UPPERCUT
ATK-307        MACH PUNCH
DEF-165       MEGA DRAIN
SP. ATK-157  GIGA DRAIN
SP. DEF-177
SPEED-188  Not really sure what to give this.
Spore and Focus Punch, and two other filler moves (not Mega Drain or Giga Drain as they won't do much coming from 157 Special Attack). Also Lefties is always a good item in Advance, or Lum Berry if you're playing under Item Clause.

Kyogre
HP-368        BODY SLAM
ATK-249       SURF
DEF-218      ICE BEAM
SP. ATK-336 WATER SPOUT
SP. DEF-267
SPEED-237  Nevermeltice
Use Thunder over Body Slam, as it takes advantage of Kyogre's ability to have full accuracy and has a 30% paralysis rate meaning there is no reason to use Body Slam instead. Also the type boosting items aren't very useful in Advance.
I am also currently training a Gorebyss with Body Slam, an Espeon with Shadow Ball Unless you plan on trading that to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum don't do that as Espeon's physical stats are rubbish, and a Blaziken with Rock Slide. They are all around level 50.

Please comment (especially on the Breloom - any move suggestions?)

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-04-25 13:15:22
Thanks for the suggestions. Ice Beam on the Swampert instead of Mud Shot is a good idea - it takes care of a lot of annoying types, but I'm not sure about Brick Break. I'm not going to replace Fly because I like having a powerful mode of transportation and it is an excellent counterattack against other moves similar to it (like Dig or Dive.) I'm raising the other Blaziken to replace the one I currently have. I really never use the Breloom (for instance, I got too bored to train it normally and Gamesharked the last 10 levels), so I think I'll just clone it and trade it on the GTS in Diamond for something. I was previously unaware that Kyogre could even learn Thunder, so that's a good idea. I still have another Eevee that knows Shadow Ball, and I was originally intending to evolve it into an Umbreon. Thanks for the input.

Posted by: latiasilver
Date: 2009-04-25 15:24:32
Get rid of tackle, with brick break, hands down…