Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

I need help picking Pokemon for my Platinum team. - Page 1

I need help picking Pokemon for my Platinum team.

Posted by: Slowhand
Date: 2009-10-24 05:33:38
So far, I have a EV trained Manaphy (80 HP / 252 SpA / 178 Spe) with a Modest nature that is level 38. I already have a level 100 Kyorgre but he isn't EV trained, so I'm going to try to get my hands on a new one and EV train it. I also have a Shaymin-S with a timid nature that my friend wanted to Ev train for me but he's been away for several days, so I don't have it. Any suggestions?

Re: I need help picking Pokemon for my Platinum te

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-10-24 06:01:54
You'll have to give us more information than that, at least what you're using this team for (in-game, casual battling against friends, PBR, Battle Tower, Shoddy/competitive).

Re: I need help picking Pokemon for my Platinum team.

Date: 2009-10-24 06:13:28
In-game against friends in Platinum. Possibly competitive.

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-10-24 10:53:41
Get your team a fire type and a ground type, and no more waters. Keep it balanced.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-24 11:08:33

Get your team a fire type and a ground type, and no more waters. Keep it balanced.

I agree, but be mindful of Kyogre's Drizzle ability; you don't want to underpower any Fire types with rain.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-24 11:29:50

Try EV training a Chimchar and when it evolves, have it learn Earthquake through TM.

Date: 2009-10-24 13:30:06
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently trying to get a jolly Gible and failing badly. Would a Charizard be any good? I know he's UU because of stealth rock, but he's a modest nature, level 99, and has no EV's.

Date: 2009-10-24 18:52:56

obvious not knowing what you're talking about is obvious

If you keep Kyogre in there, you could probably get 4 more rain abusers (Palkia, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kabutops, etc) and pretty much sweep unprepared teams. I suggest getting a Palkia at least if possible.

Date: 2009-10-25 09:48:10
I EV trained a hasty Palkia. 252 Special attack, 252 speed, 6 attack. Would an Electivire be a good choice?

Date: 2009-11-27 14:25:47

If you keep Kyogre in there, you could probably get 4 more rain abusers (Palkia, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kabutops, etc) and pretty much sweep unprepared teams. I suggest getting a Palkia at least if possible.

…Not knowing what I'm talking about? I beg your pardon? Electric types LOVE Drizzle to buff Thunder to 100% acuracy…electric types also love water….as do grass types.

I EV trained a hasty Palkia. 252 Special attack, 252 speed, 6 attack. Would an Electivire be a good choice?

Sounds like a good choice, particularly if you give it Earthquake to stave off hungry Electrics.

Date: 2009-11-27 23:40:17

…Not knowing what I'm talking about? I beg your pardon? Electric types LOVE Drizzle to buff Thunder to 100% acuracy…electric types also love water….as do grass types.

Sounds like a good choice, particularly if you give it Earthquake to stave off hungry Electrics.

1. Palkia resists Electric, also with powerful enough rain abusers you can just KO any Electrics attempting to switch in
2. Most Electric types would have Thunderbolt over Thunder unless they're also on a rain team
3. Name one grass type not named Ludicolo that likes rain. I dare you.
4. Fire types aren't going to do much when you have permanent rain from Kyogre.

Date: 2009-11-28 01:02:55

1. Palkia resists Electric, also with powerful enough rain abusers you can just KO any Electrics attempting to switch in
2. Most Electric types would have Thunderbolt over Thunder unless they're also on a rain team

…I don't CARE about Palkia. Palkia will KO ANYTHING. He doesn't count.
…Grass type….doesn't care about rain….sure, Solarbeam takes two turns but….
Yes, I admit to forgetting about fire type + Drizzle. So teach the thing Sunny Day. Whatever.

Hey, this is just the way I raise a team- I go for diversity. Sorry for trying to give advice. =_=

Date: 2009-11-28 05:08:50

…I don't CARE about Palkia. Palkia will KO ANYTHING. He doesn't count.
…Grass type….doesn't care about rain….sure, Solarbeam takes two turns but….
Yes, I admit to forgetting about fire type + Drizzle. So teach the thing Sunny Day. Whatever.

Hey, this is just the way I raise a team- I go for diversity. Sorry for trying to give advice. =_=

1. So will Kyogre, and it's the general idea of any offensive-based team really
2. Not sure what kind of point you're trying to make here
3. If you use Sunny Day, that just nerfs any rain users you might have wanted to sweep with.
4. You have actually battled against real (read: not in-game/E4) opponents, right?

Date: 2009-11-28 11:51:20
…Well, if you're gonna use Palkia and Kyogre, who cares about what the rest of the team has on it?

Well, excuse me. I have indeed battled against real opponents, thank you very much. I have a personal preference not to just use legendaries to crush everything in my path. I like raising things from eggs and making diverse teams. It's just my style, hence the advice I tried to give.

Date: 2009-11-28 22:40:30

…Well, if you're gonna use Palkia and Kyogre, who cares about what the rest of the team has on it?

Slowhand might care in the off chance that Palkia and Kyogre get KO'd.