Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

My Pokemon Black 2 Team + A request for pros at pokemon? - Page 1

My Pokemon Black 2 Team + A request for pros at pokemon?

Posted by: chippy2000
Date: 2013-03-09 07:41:31
So…heres my team that I USUALLY USE…
1.Japanese Hydreigon LV.85
Moves - Draco Meteor, Tri Attack, Crunch, Fly

2.'Eon Blue' the Latios LV.74
Moves - Luster Purge, Psycho Shift, Waterfall, Fly

3.Shiny HGSS Pre Release Raichu LV.75
Moves - Brick Break, Volt Tackle, Flash, Dig

4.NEC's VGC2012 Event Shiny Tyranitar LV.56
Moves - Superpower, Earthquake, Dark Pulse, Dig

5.Benga's Shiny Gible In-Game-Event 'Draco' LV.54
Moves - Draco Meteor, Crunch, Slash, Dig

6.Dream World Trapinch LV.36
Moves - Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Dig, Crunch

I'm going to enter the next VGC this year, but as you can see, my team isn't too good and Trapinch needs to evolve.

Is there a level up expert out there who knows how to level up Pokemon really fast? I'm really lazy and right now I am DESPERATE to evolve my Trapinch and level up Garchomp and Tyranitar.

So heres what I want people to tell me -
*Tell me some good moves that can add some stratergy to my team (Sorry! I can't spell!)
*Suggest a good place to train (NOT ELITE FOUR!)
*New Pokemon? I'm thinking about evolving my Beldum or Rhyhorn?

Re: My Pokemon Black 2 Team + A request for pros at pokemon?

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2013-03-09 08:57:04
I'm way out of touch with competitive Pokémon, but I can give some help I guess. I also don't know very well specific strategies for VGC (it's 4vs4 double battles right? :v) So I'll try to give general advice.

1. Hydreigon should be Modest, and you should replace Tri Attack, Crunch and Fly by other Special elemental things, like Flamethrower (or Fire Blast if you wanna get haxed), Surf (…?) and Dark Pulse (sorry, I completely forgot what else Hydreigon learns). Give it a Choice Specs to make its Draco Meteor deadly.

2. Latios and Hydreigon in same team? Well, you can also use a Modest Specs Latios with Draco Meteor and other Special stuff, but I think it's too mainstream and predictable nowadays (or months ago?).

3. Get rid of this. Evolve your Beldum (it should be Adamant), and give it Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, and something else like Earthquake or maybe… idk, a filler move. It has been years I don't touch a Metagross.

4. Tyranitar…. well, I don't remember if it learns Dragon Dance by breeding or something else, but you can replace its two last moves by Rock Polish and Stone Edge. It's good because it calls Sandstorm and you'll have a Garchomp and a Metagross.

5. Replace Draco Meteor by Outrage. And teach it Earthquake and Swords Dance. The fourth move can be some filler like Crunch or Fire Punch.

6. Flygon? I think you have enough dragons. You should replace them with something else… maybe a Fire type to counter these Ice weaknesses, together with TTar. Right now I can only think of Volcarona. It's a good Poké, but make sure it's Modest (maybe Timid would work well too) and give it Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance. Hurricane would be cool it you had a Rain team instead. So you could add something instead like Substitute, or idk, a good Bug-type move… and a Hidden Power Ice?…

Well, yeah. Like I said, I don't really know specifically VGC strategies, so all I gave was general advice, which may be outdated since my last competitive battle was over a year ago. Wait for someone else to give you specific advice. :)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-03-09 09:59:18
I'm not very experienced with competitive battling, but here's my opinion.

So…heres my team that I USUALLY USE…
1.Japanese Hydreigon LV.85
Moves - Draco Meteor, Tri Attack, Crunch, Fly

Hydreigon is already quite fast. Get a Timid one (+ Speed - Attack) Give it Choice Specs, Dark Pulse (replace Crunch as its Special Attack is higher than its Attack), Dragon Pulse and maybe replace Tri Attack with Fire Blast.

Give it these EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP

2.'Eon Blue' the Latios LV.74
Moves - Luster Purge, Psycho Shift, Waterfall, Fly

Get a Modest Latios. Give it a Haban Berry, Calm Mind, Recover, Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt/Psyshock/Psychic

Give it these EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP

Shiny HGSS Pre Release Raichu LV.75
Moves - Brick Break, Volt Tackle, Flash, Dig

Get a Timid Raichu with Lightningrod. Give it a Focus Sash. Switch it in when your opponent is going to attack with an Electric move. Give it Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, Encore and another move like Grass Knot. If you use Encore you can get your opponent to increase your Special Attack again when you switch in, or if they're going to switch you can get in a free Nasty Plot.

Give it these EVs: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed

Maybe replace this with a Timid/Modest Manectric that knows Thunderbolt and Flamethrower as it has a higher Base Speed and Base Special Attack.

4.NEC's VGC2012 Event Shiny Tyranitar LV.56
Moves - Superpower, Earthquake, Dark Pulse, Dig

Get an Adamant Tyranitar. Give it a Life Orb. Give it Dragon Dance, Crunch, Stone Edge and Earthquake/Superpower

Smogon's EV investment for a Choice Band Tyranitar is 180 HP / 252 Attack / 76 Speed

5.Benga's Shiny Gible In-Game-Event 'Draco' LV.54
Moves - Draco Meteor, Crunch, Slash, Dig

I'd replace this for a Fire type like Volcarona.

This is the one I use:

Timid nature:

Heat Wave/ Quiver Dance/ Bug Buzz / Hidden Power Ground

EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP

6.Dream World Trapinch LV.36
Moves - Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Dig, Crunch

Replace this with something like this Cresselia. So you can defeat Cloyster by crippling it first with Thunder Wave as Shell Smash Cloyster is a big threat.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-03-11 09:01:38
For training high level Pokemon, I usually go to the Giant Chasm and level up there. :P But that's just me.