Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

HeartGold Battle Frontier Assist Team - Page 1

HeartGold Battle Frontier Assist Team

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-04-23 19:50:42
I am fully aware that this is a gimmick team and the idea behind this team is that Assist will function as a stance change for Infernape to fool the AI.

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Speed, -Defense)
- Assist
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape functions as the attacking lead. Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and HP Ice provide good type coverage. Assist will always call Transform due to the movesets of the other members.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature (+Special Defense, -Attack)
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond

Represents the bulk of the team. I limited the moveset just to those three moves because Assist doesn't call any of them.

Ditto @ Focus Sash
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
- Transform

Exists for Assist to call Transform 100% of the time.

Re: HeartGold Battle Frontier Assist Team

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-04-23 22:23:38
Werst TEAM EVAR.

EVEN BATTR teAM:!!!!!111!!!

Deoxys-S @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 2 Ready / 4 Ban
Hasty Nature (+Speed, -Defense)
- Assist

RAGE GLITCH CUZ FACKKK dA RULLLLEZ!!!!!!!1111!!one!!!11!

Smeargle @ Stick
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 42 Spd / 69 HP / 9001 PMG
- [Glitch Move transferred from Gen 3]

GET READY FOR THE INFINITE SLAPPING OF TEH OPPONENT1!!!!11!!!111!!!!

#YOLOSWAG420BLAZEIT

Okay, real seriousness now.
Actually, may as well use the Rage Glitch to give Infernape Transform, since that's really what your strategy is all about, but I guess Assist makes it legit. It's better to have BoltBeam Punch coverage than all Elemental Coverages, because all that Fire Punch does is add a STAB move, which Brick Break perfectly covers since Fire Punch has similar coverage to Ice Punch.
Should have given Wobbuffet Splash.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-04-24 00:19:26
If I might ask, what is the actual purpose of having Infernape use Transform? Seems to me that it's still just as mediocre as normal transform, just that your Pokémon is a bit faster and can use some other coverage moves as well.

Date: 2014-04-24 02:17:18

If I might ask, what is the actual purpose of having Infernape use Transform? Seems to me that it's still just as mediocre as normal transform, just that your Pokémon is a bit faster and can use some other coverage moves as well.

The purpose of having Infernape use Transform is to change its typing so it could survive attacks it wouldn't normally be able to. It's kind of like an inferior version of Protean.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-04-25 15:31:04
Another thing is Wobbuffet is near useless without Encore, and generally Wobbuffet is useless in the Battle Frontier, because you'd be better off attacking, than waiting for your opponent to attack (and the opponent could also use Double Team).

Posted by: PokeGlitchFanatic
Date: 2014-04-26 17:58:00
No offense,but that team deserves to get stuck in a black abyss. ( gen 4 tweaking reference)

Date: 2014-04-29 00:53:41
While I can see the many, many flaws of this team now, I think I am ultimately going to replace Fire Punch with Brick Break to see how the team is in-game because I personally still have an interest in this team.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-05-09 00:21:40
Does Assist-Infernape's transformation work in X and Y? I tested it out in Showdown and it didn't do anything.

Date: 2014-05-10 23:38:54
Assist cannot call Transform as of Gen V.