Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

Battle Maison team that I already know sucks - Page 1

Battle Maison team that I already know sucks

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-09-22 08:01:45
So here's the team that I used in the Super Singles Special Stroganoff Surprise thingy and got to 49 wins. AND THEN THEY LOST TO NITA BECAUSE THEY'RE DISGRACEFUL FAILURES AND I'M DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF THEM

Blaziken "KFC" @ Blazikenite
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Protect
Speed Boost / Naive / 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Physical sweeper that OHKOs most things and gets OHKO'd by everything else, also apparently broken. I don't use High Jump Kick because I don't trust the RNG, though perhaps I should give it a go. Flare Blitz is pretty much required over Fire Punch to actually KO things, notably some Fairy types that otherwise give me a lot of trouble. Protect is obligatory and as you know useful for grabbing a Speed Boost, scouting for funny movesets, and mispredicting the AI and using it when they use a setup move. Swords Dance doesn't get a chance to be used too often because the AI never switches, except against Pokémon where I know I can resist and not get killed by all of their moves, and Slaking if I use Protect on the non-Truant turns. Those situations are basically a free win.
Naive nature because at some point I contemplated making it mixed and then changed my mind, I don't think it'll be taking a hit anyways in the grand scheme of things.

Azumarill "Reisen" @ Leftovers
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower
Huge Power / Adamant / 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Standard BD Azumarill set that can and will destroy your entire family. If this thing gets a Belly Drum up it's pretty much GG, and if it doesn't, it's still pretty dang good and probably the best member of this team so far. Leftovers is actually only the item because I was training it with in-game battles and so took the Sitrus Berry off it so it doesn't get used up, but I keep forgetting to switch it back and eventually I just figured this works just fine. EVs are copypasta'd from Smogon, I keep thinking I should redo it with max Speed but perhaps they know better than I do and the extra HP is for a reason (or it just doesn't need that much Speed).

Hydreigon "FluffyMuffin" @ Lum Berry
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Work Up
- Flash Cannon
Levitate / Timid / 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
This was created for one purpose and one purpose only later proved useful for everything else: Kill that stupid annoying fat carcinogenic misogynist other negative adjectives Umbreon that I lost to greater than 0 times. Which it does so perfectly, it can switch in on the Confuse Ray (due to Lum Berry) or Payback then Taunt it and be free to do whatever. I put Work Up in there because I figured I might take the opportunity to set up and Hydreigon doesn't learn anything else setuppable (Why can't it learn Nasty Plot or Agility or whatever? Bleh). Flash Cannon seems to get better coverage overall than Dragon Pulse, and can sometimes kill Fairies if I'm lucky (and I don't forget they outspeed me due to Hydreigon's stupid 98 base speed).
So other than me being mad, this guy pulls his weight quite often, I've saved quite a few battle videos where it saves my ass due to Taunt or having a surprising amount of bulk. And yes, the Lum Berry does save my ass quite a few times as well. And its typing (which is why I chose it) means that my entire team has no common weaknesses, which in the context of suggestions, is something I would like to maintain. Also, it's cool looking. However, it does get outsped at the best of times, which is a bugger, so I might have to replace it with something else.

So yeah, that's the team, any suggestions are welcome. I'm inclined to get rid of Blaziken; I don't usually go with legendaries just because of the lack of breeding (I am however open to explanations of RNG abuse or me being told that some legendary would be worth the soft resetting), and I don't like strategies that revolve solely around abusing the AI (read: Truant + Entrainment) because I like to think that one day I will actually socially interact with people and want to have a team ready to battle humans with, or something. But those are my only two morals. Other than that, fire away. Tell them how much they suck. I know I did.

Re: Battle Maison team that I already know sucks

Posted by: TMTRAINER
Date: 2014-09-22 13:41:23
Blaziken "KFC" @ Blazikenite
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Protect
Speed Boost / Naive / 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

While I personally believe using a Mega Blaziken is a bit BM for online play (It's got rediculous sweeping power) considering everyone else uses Legendaries I'll ignore my normal problems with it.

Looking at the kit, why use Low Kick over High Jump Kick? It's pros far outweigh the con's when you compare the 2 moves. Trust me, I can give you calcs but High Jump is a requirement to have to OHKO a lot of those bulking Pokemon.
Why Naive nature? There is no reason why you can't get Jolly or Adament nature.

Azumarill "Reisen" @ Leftovers
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower
Huge Power / Adamant / 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe

No problems here, just a bulky water type with an absurd amount of damage once a BD goes down. Seeing as how you will be basically killing everything if you survive that first BD turn, have you tried a Sitrus berry for a more immediate heal that to survive that one important turn?

Hydreigon "FluffyMuffin" @ Lum Berry
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Work Up
- Flash Cannon
Levitate / Timid / 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

If this was designed to take out a Pokemon in battle Mason, I have much less problems with this Pokemon kit… Seeing as how you want to eventually go online with your Pokemon team a more aggressive 3 offensive move + protect and life orb set works wonders.