Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

ORAS team (prepping for sun/moon) - Page 1

ORAS team (prepping for sun/moon)

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2016-10-19 22:08:41
A more casual build from my end. IVS are not maxed but thanks to hyper training getting introduced i won't have to care.

Forretress
bold sturdy
252 hp 252 def 4spd
Leftovers

spikes
toxic spikes
rapid spin
stealth rocks

Lopunny

jolly limber
252 atk 252 spd 4 def
lopunnite

fake out
power up punch
return
hi jump kick

Heracross
jolly moxie
252 atk 252 spd 4 def
choice scarf

Close combat
megahorn
Knock off
earthquake

Gengar
timid levitate
252 spatk 252 spd 4 spdef
life orb

shadow ball
sludge bomb
destiny bomb
focus blast

Clefable
bold unaware
252 HP 252 def 4 spdef
red card

Moonblast
wish
protect
calm mind

Shuckle
calm contrary
252 spdef 252 hp 4 def
rocky helmet

Infestation
Shell Smash
Toxic
Rest

Re: ORAS team (prepping for sun/moon)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-10-20 01:03:34
Personally I'd give Forretress Explosion over Spikes or Toxic Spikes just to give it more offensive capabilities in a pinch. Maybe getting rid of Toxic Spikes would be your best bet since you already have Toxic on Shuckle.

I'm curious to see why you'd allocate your Mega Evolution space to Lopunny rather than Gengar. Mega-Gengar's ability to trap opponents is huge (at least in the Gen VI meta) - Mega-Lopunny is a good Pokemon but I don't think it compares to Gengar. It would do decently with a Life Orb, too, so it's not like the switch is crippling.

Other than that I like your team!

Date: 2016-10-20 13:07:22

I'm curious to see why you'd allocate your Mega Evolution space to Lopunny rather than Gengar. Mega-Gengar's ability to trap opponents is huge (at least in the Gen VI meta) - Mega-Lopunny is a good Pokemon but I don't think it compares to Gengar. It would do decently with a Life Orb, too, so it's not like the switch is crippling.

Other than that I like your team!

I pilot mega lopunny over gengar to stay out of smogon's uber tier, and it is usually in my favor that the opponent switches out anyways. I was thinking of running custap berry explosion on forretress, but I'm having trouble locating the berry to even start play testing that set.

Appreciate the feed back by the way!

Date: 2016-10-20 14:36:44
Probably the most efficient way to get the berry is to use the Pokemon Global Link online (if it hasn't closed yet) and do one of the attractions over and over again. You'll get berries each time you complete one and I believe the Custap Berry is one of the rewards.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-20 14:40:29
The Global Link also has a promotion, everything is 50% off due to the Global Link shutting down in a week or two.

Date: 2016-10-20 15:47:07
I haven't registered for the global link, do you still think it would be possible to do so? Either way I'd be glad to trade for one if to save me some time.

Date: 2016-10-21 17:33:42
Yeah I think you'd still be able to. Registering takes less than 10 minutes so you'll have lots of time.