Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

Metroid - Page 1

Metroid

Posted by: glitchcityscientist9.65 B
Date: 2008-01-11 21:29:46
The Secret Worlds. Has caused curiosity to this day! Hey, kinda sounds like missingno! :)

Re: Metroid

Date: 2008-01-11 21:42:43
So first thing you need to know about the "Secret Worlds" is that you may get trapped somewhere in the process. Even the masters get trapped! How do you get into these worlds you ask? A little trick called the door jump.

1. Get stuck in the Door. To do this, you must shoot a door, get as close as possible without going into the next room, and jump into the air rapidly to get stuck in the air while the door closes around you.

2. This next part is a little trickier, while stuck in the door do not back away! Instead you should jump into the air rapidly with the occaisional morph ball transformation. If done right, you will begin to rise through the wall.

3. If you're lucky you might find a secret world! If not, well just press restart.

WARNING: Once you start your acent THERE IS NO GOING BACK! That is all.         

Posted by: Divine E
Date: 2008-01-15 16:15:16
May I ask you what game of Metroid this is? Is it the first?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-01-15 17:23:19
Probably the first one, but Secret Worlds have been found in Metroid 2 as well (and probably others besides).

Date: 2008-01-18 20:36:37
Yes I am talking about the first game. I'm not sure if there were any doors in that game. 

Date: 2008-01-19 13:13:42
When I am talking about that game i mean metroid 2. sorry for being vauge.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-01-19 23:40:22
There are doors in Metroid 2, but Secret Worlds are accessed in another way.

I've never done it myself, but apparently it involves going Morph Ball, falling, and switching back and forth between missiles and regular gun a lot.

Date: 2008-01-20 00:09:19
Interesting, I must look into that.