Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

The Unofficial Animal Crossing glitch Thread - Page 1

The Unofficial Animal Crossing glitch Thread

Posted by: AnimalCrossingAddict
Date: 2006-03-11 07:56:47
Post your glitches about the GC or the DS versions
Tell me where you were when the glitch happened, and what it did.

Ok my first and only glitch so far is…I couldn't control where i was walking. One day, BOOM, It forced me to walk in the east direction. I reset my game, Resetti chattered, but it still did it. I could control myself sometimes. It stopped, so I thought it was over, but it wasn't. But Finally IT REALLY DID STOP!

Any idea what happened?

Re: The Unofficial Animal Crossing glitch Thread

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2006-03-11 12:33:10
That happened to me once.It turned out my controler was wacked up.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-03-11 20:43:15
Once, I traveled to another memory card, and reset whilst I was there. When It sated back up, BAM, BOP, ZING, PONG, DING!!! I had 0 bells, lost the Items I was carrying, and I had a wooden face!  :o It scared the you-know-what outta me! I didn't play it again for 5 weeks! Then I sold it.

Date: 2006-03-12 11:36:54

Once, I traveled to another memory card, and reset whilst I was there. When It sated back up, BAM, BOP, ZING, PONG, DING!!! I had 0 bells, lost the Items I was carrying, and I had a wooden face!  :o It scared the you-know-what outta me! I didn't play it again for 5 weeks! Then I sold it.
that happened to me too. It said it was corrupted then i restarted. I cried and had a funeral for that particular save

Edit: If you want to know what happened here is the story.

I was traveling on the final frontier, a memory card.  I was sitting playing the game, when my foot accidently pushed back the TV and the plug came out. i placed it back in thinking "Oh great, Resetti will come!"  I see the wooden faced character come out of my house. I reset. K.K  said it was corrupted. I erased the game. THE END

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2006-03-13 12:27:17
This happened to me before when I was playing Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut, I had Chao data nad it went Corrupted I was like "What? I just had this only a few hours." Then one day I was playing Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker I tried moving but I could, not move it was like my Controller was taken over my Character and it made me move in the wrong places and, it still happens with my other game's I don't know if it's my Cg or my controllers I tried it with my Brother new Controllers from his Resident Evil 4 limited edition version, it was fine then I used my old one just fine.

Posted by: barneyzhen
Date: 2006-03-18 15:31:56
My nambers house dispeared X_x

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-04-10 06:41:20
Don't forget about the infamous Red Tulip Glitch!
Nintendo, and not hackers, was responsible for the recent Red Tulip WiFi glitch in Animal Crossing: Wild World. From gi, "But now Nintendo has gone on record to deny these rumours, stating that it's all down to a problem with its systems at the time of the Red Tulip's upload."

"'We have isolated the problem and determined that there was a temporary error with the upload tool when this letter was posted. Thankfully we have been able to limit the number of people affected by removing the related file from circulation. Players who have received the letter should delete it before placing the Red Tulip anywhere in their characters' homes.'"

"The statement goes on to emphasise that 'tulips themselves are not the problem', noting that other colours do not cause any disruptions to gameplay. In addition, the Red Tulip only results in problems if players plant it indoors."

Date: 2006-04-10 07:03:51

Don't forget about the infamous Red Tulip Glitch!
Nintendo, and not hackers, was responsible for the recent Red Tulip WiFi glitch in Animal Crossing: Wild World. From gi, "But now Nintendo has gone on record to deny these rumours, stating that it's all down to a problem with its systems at the time of the Red Tulip's upload."

"'We have isolated the problem and determined that there was a temporary error with the upload tool when this letter was posted. Thankfully we have been able to limit the number of people affected by removing the related file from circulation. Players who have received the letter should delete it before placing the Red Tulip anywhere in their characters' homes.'"

"The statement goes on to emphasise that 'tulips themselves are not the problem', noting that other colours do not cause any disruptions to gameplay. In addition, the Red Tulip only results in problems if players plant it indoors."

How could have I forgotten that?!
Has anyone gotten the glitch item in the GC version?

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-11 14:35:39
I hate to say it but the wooden faced person isn't a glitch…

According to the OFFICAL AC hand book if you reset in a different town your face gets changed into Coco's (the bunnie), and you lose all items/money. I tried it, and if you save after being Cocofied, you turn the game off, and turn it back on, your guy's face is normal!

And you don't lose your game!

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2006-04-22 16:25:06
don't you mean the DUMMY item. red triangle, japanese characters on it?

Date: 2006-04-27 04:54:58

don't you mean the DUMMY item. red triangle, japanese characters on it?
Yes I do.

If I had saved my game…my game would of turned out normal? I wouldn't be wooden faced…but what about the items?

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-29 03:35:38
Your items are gone forever…

Date: 2006-04-29 04:46:39
Oh, the items are gone forever….Glad I restarted.

And guess who I have in my town on ACWW. Yes I got Coco. i believe this is just mere coincidence.

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2006-04-30 01:43:28
and you face looks like a GYROID not Coco's face and you can use that glitch to double your money. but you have to be able to store money in the bank *post office*

Date: 2006-04-30 02:14:34

and you face looks like a GYROID not Coco's face and you can use that glitch to double your money. but you have to be able to store money in the bank *post office*
No Glitch Manic is right. I have Coco and that's what it looks like.

As for the money glitch thing, I think that could be true.