Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Metal Sonic Action Replay glitch. - Page 1

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Metal Sonic Action Replay glitch.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-01-19 13:17:54
This glitch may not work on every game disc. My disc has been subject to extensive damage (its a miracle it still works) and I have done A LOT of hacking on it. I have tried this on 3 game discs. 2 worked, one didn't.

Using these Action Replay codes on SA2B: 1PFB-GG53-T1N1E, GXJR-A0DF-HKJB9 and Z445-FZYW-UJY0V Y2QZ-V8TX-HJ32P, Metal Sonic will appear in Shadow's place.  There is another code for always playing as Shadow, and if you use that and go to the Eggman Desert Level, the game will freeze, since you start in the quick sand and no animation for Metal Sonic dying in quicksand was made.

Restart the game WITHOUT codes and Metal Sonic will permanently replace Shadow's model. I found the only way to play as Shadow again is to go to multiplayer and use Shadow's alternate costume.

Note: I dont recommend doing this on a game you intend to play in story mode. Most cutscenes will freeze when Shadow/Metal Sonic appears.

Other Note: I do have a screenshot of this, but its also showing my hacked Chao, so bare with me…
[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/ArcticBass777/IMAG0025.jpg[/img]

Re: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Metal Sonic Action Replay glitch.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-15 20:09:30
Crap, you have UBER Chao.
I would try it, but I don't have an ARMax.

Re: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Metal Sonic Action Replay glitch.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-04-24 15:24:03
I cant believe I never figured this out: It only affects the save file it was performed on. Starting a new game won't use the Metal Sonic Model.