Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

sUPER MARIO 64 glitches - Page 1

sUPER MARIO 64 glitches

Posted by: Chris Angel Mindfreak
Date: 2006-09-03 19:46:36
Does anybody know glitches for this game????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Re: sUPER MARIO 64 glitches

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-09-04 12:31:15
Yep, If you long jump backwards up the endless staircase without the right amount of stars, eventually the game will either force you to the top or to wet dry world.

Posted by: Pudgeman
Date: 2006-09-10 17:36:11
I love that glitch! It's pretty cool!
8)

Posted by: Charizard M
Date: 2007-10-14 09:05:52
I know one, The Black Room of Death.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-10-17 18:23:40
Oh yeah I know lots of glitches for this game! some of them can be found at: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/197860/3256. I found a few interesting ones at http://davidwonn.kontek.net/n64l.html#M. Just go down a ways on the page for the Mario Kart glitch section. One cool technique is the "wall penetration" as I call it. To do it use a lightweight character (Toad works very well) and a heavyweight (DK, Bowser and maybe Wario). Take the heavyweight and put him facing right next to a wall. Then put the lightweight directly behind him and drive super SLOWLY just tapping the A button a little. If done correctly, you can get the heavyweight to fall through the wall. Just keep barely bumping him and it should work fine.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-17 20:24:52
Oh God, the Black Room of Death is freaky…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-17 21:16:40

Oh God, the Black Room of Death is freaky…

You think that it's freaky? I love it!

Date: 2007-10-18 13:57:47
If you jump just right into a cannon without any energy left you will get fired out of the cannon with no energy and when you land, you instantly die. I call this "The Flying Corpse."

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-10-20 01:49:29
Fun to do at Tiny-Huge Island, as you can shoot dead Mario into the bay, where he will instantly drown.

I have been trying to go one step further and make this sequence work, but I have never gotten the last part:

1. Stand in front of cannon with one energy
2. Burn butt
3. Yelp into cannon
4. Shoot into bay and drown
5. Get eaten by Bubba while drowning

Date: 2007-10-20 10:21:23

Fun to do at Tiny-Huge Island, as you can shoot dead Mario into the bay, where he will instantly drown.

I have been trying to go one step further and make this sequence work, but I have never gotten the last part:

1. Stand in front of cannon with one energy
2. Burn butt
3. Yelp into cannon
4. Shoot into bay and drown
5. Get eaten by Bubba while drowning

It would be hard to get eaten by a Bubba while drowning.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2007-10-21 12:24:01

If you jump just right into a cannon without any energy left you will get fired out of the cannon with no energy and when you land, you instantly die. I call this "The Flying Corpse."
I should try that, it seems funny.

Date: 2007-10-21 17:08:54
I heard of one where you can beat Koopa the Quick (Bob-Omb Battlefield) in 0 seconds.  ;D Wow…

Date: 2007-10-21 18:36:58

I heard of one where you can beat Koopa the Quick (Bob-Omb Battlefield) in 0 seconds.  ;D Wow…

How?

Date: 2007-10-21 18:59:29
Enter the first course with the second star selected. Now grab a Wing Cap and face Koopa the Quick, but give yourself enough room for a Triple Jump. Jump two times in a row, and perform your third jump when you are really close to Koopa the Quick. If you're too close, you'll end up talking to him, so make sure that you reject his offer for a race. If your timing is right, you will be flying in the air as usual, but the music will decrease in volume slightly.

Now head for the first cannon and try to land into it directly without touching the ground nearby. Launch Mario out toward the mountain and try to land right next to the flagpole. You may need to land in another cannon to pull this trick off. If everything is done properly, you will see Koopa's message appear even though you are on top of the mountain. Choose to accept his challenge, and the timer will appear as usual, but it will stop immediately since you are at the flagpole. Now you can say that you beat Koopa in no time at all! If you go back and look for him you'll find that he bit the dust. He's still in his original position, but he's invisible and he won't talk to you. I think he ran away and gave up!

From http://davidwonn.kontek.net/n64p.html#S.

It's also possible for Mario to lose his hat under a Star, thus, you can never get your hat back because Mario will take the Star instead of the hat.

Date: 2007-10-21 20:52:53
I've got a couple more.

The Evil 1-ups (Japanese version ONLY)

I do not fully remember how this is done, but, it involves dying in some weird way during the final battle with Bowser in the Japanese version. Afterwards, the 1-up Mushrooms become your enemy. No, I don't mean they physically attack you. Rather, collecting one causes you to actually lose a life. Dying causes you to gain a life. THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE IN THE US/ENGLISH VERSION.

Mario is Screwed Up

I would not reccommend this one. Gently lift the left side of the cart up. (but not all the way out) Suddenly, the music begins to get screwed up. And Mario's legs fall off. No, I don't mean his legs break off and they are lying on the ground, I mean his legs disappear. Mario will move in some messed up drunken way. Put the cart down to correct the music. However, Mario will not get his legs back until you jump. Not reccommended because you could damage the cart.