Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

New Glitch Discovered in SSBM - Page 1

New Glitch Discovered in SSBM

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-07 20:47:23
May be a misleading title….
I put in Melee the other day for nastalgic reasons.
I was Dr. Mario against Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu on the Fourside stage.
The four of us were fighting on a UFO, and I smashed a crate which had a ReDead in it. I tried to jump away, but it latched on to me and started to drain my health.
As it was on me, the UFO disappeared (like it's supposed to), and I started falling WITH THE REDEAD STILL ON ME. I was able to move around like normal, but it was stuck to me, NOT DOING ANYTHING.
Until I would land on the ground, then I would take damage. But I can jump at this point, and not take damage.
I thought, "Wierd…" as I kept fighting. I fell inbetween two buildings, and as I tried using Up-B, I only damaged the ReDead, and killed it, WITHOUT GIVING ME ANY HEIGHT, so I fell to my only lost life in the match. (I won in the end with two lives remaining.)
When I get the chance, I will recreate this with Action Replay, and maybe try it with a LikeLike as well.
Anyone who has a Gamecube AR:
1. Use the Debug Menu
2. Select any character EXCEPT Giga Bowser, the Hands, or Sandbag. (The Wire Frames are acceptable)
3. Make sure the opponent is standing still, as to not interupt you.
4. Go to Fourside.
5. Wait until a UFO appears, and jump on it.
6. Summon a ReDead. (Or a few, to be safe)
7. Let them latch onto you until the UFO disappears.

And that's it.

Re: New Glitch Discovered in SSBM

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-12-07 22:41:10
Why does it need to be tested with an AR?

Date: 2009-12-07 22:46:58
Because it would take too long to recreate without one.
The odds of
a) getting a crate on a UFO
b) said crate containing a ReDead
c) keeping said ReDead on the stage until the UFO disappears

without an AR are slim. I was lucky that it happened.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-01-08 22:10:01
My friend would probably want to try this. He has an AR for Gamecube and loves any glitches he can find in the Smash Bros series.

Date: 2010-01-08 22:16:17
I would do it, but my Wii doesn't use my AR, and I'm too lazy to pull out my Gamecube, AND I don't have any recording capabilities.