Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

2 Actraiser Glitches - Page 1

2 Actraiser Glitches

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2010-06-18 10:59:50
I doubt anyone here has heard of this game before, but may as well post this.

Well, I've veen playing Actraiser(A game for the SNES made by Enix.  A very good game, kinda like a Simcity and Ghosts 'n' Goblins mix.) via emulator, and I noticed a couple things…

First one could be something programmed in, but I'm not sure…
Occasionally, while in the Town Building screen, enemies will not attack your town.  However, if you go out onto the main map, go somewhere else, then come back, they will start attacking again.  This is found mostly in Bloodpool.

Second one is a little bit more game-hurting, but avoidable.
Since it is possible to go south from the shrine in Northwall even though there is a river, it is possible to get stuck.  The town will not grow, and the only way I've seen to stop it is to start a new game.  The bad thing is that Northwall is late in the game.

Just thought I'd post these ~

Re: 2 Actraiser Glitches

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-06-18 11:17:37

Second one is a little bit more game-hurting, but avoidable.
Since it is possible to go south from the shrine in Northwall even though there is a river, it is possible to get stuck.  The town will not grow, and the only way I've seen to stop it is to start a new game.  The bad thing is that Northwall is late in the game.

Ouch, that sounds bad.

It reminds me of an early glitch which apparantly exists within Pokémon Red and Green. If you managed to evolve your starter Pokémon before recieving the PokéDex; since you now own two Pokémon, Nintendo would have considered that Professor Oak has already given you the Pokédex (and consequently a few Poké Balls) already. Therefore, they made it so that the game engine prevents you from recieving the Pokédex if you have set the capture flag of at two Pokémon species, so if you evolve your Pokémon this early usually the new Pokédex entry should be set internally by the game, so you won't be able to recieve the Pokédex.

Re: 2 Actraiser Glitches

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2010-06-18 11:24:19
Eventually you get the ability to build a bridge in that area, but yeah, if you go south before getting the bridge, the glitch will start and the only thing you can do is defeat the three enemies that reappear every so often.