Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

Tales of phantasia(GBA):baby wild boar has two lives! - Page 1

Tales of phantasia(GBA):baby wild boar has two lives!

Posted by: liline
Date: 2012-06-20 09:38:27
Hello, I wanted to show you a glitch in Tales of Phantasia for Game Boy Advance.
It's a bit long to explain, so if you do not understand, say it,eh! As I don't speak well English,sorry if I can't explain good enough…

First, one can observe that a few enemies
(wild boars,baby wild boars, a few bosses and maybe other enemies, but I only remember the first two)
have the distinction of not disappearing two-three seconds after being dead.
This is what is interesting for this glitch, because you can kill them a second time through it.

The easiest and most interesting is to try the baby wild boars in the forest in the future so Miguel
(these piglets are, I believe, the only enemies that can escape during a fight).
And every time you kill one, you automatically get a fur (which sells at a great price in Friziekel, enough to get rich!).

We will not try with wild boar as killing them once, we could risk to finish the fight.

To be in the best conditions, I recommend you put everyone in defense and control of Arche
(you must have bought "tractor beam" at alvanista castle in the past).
Take Chester (at least at level 28) in the team and put him completely to the left of the battle screen,
Arche and another person(in defense) all to the right (for he is attacked by the enemies ).
Equip Arche a mystical symbol and make sure Chester does less than 175pts damage by "wild rain" to an adult boar
(otherwise you end the battle and you can't do it)
and increase his speed with equipments. Once done, engage a fight
(against either a wild boar and five piglets,or two boars and two baby boars).

Via the menu, immediately ask Chester to make "wild rain" on the last of the wild boars
(hoping it does not kill everyone otherwise the fight ends) and you go (so Arche) at the bottom right.
When the arrows are just beginning to descend, make "tractor beam" on an enemy,
but try to get a maximum of enemies in your field of vision.
If all goes well, the bodies of piglets who have not fled or disappeared will rise with the enemies still alive and still take 1 point of damage.

At the end of combat, if you calculate the $ we have by defeating the enemies
you'll see through the bestiary (the object either in game or on this link,
n°133 et 134
you will find that these bodies account for the piglets and more, and give you a bonus of fur!

Well, but it is almost impossible for any other enemy since it takes at least concerned "tractor beam"
and that the fight is not finished after killing the ennemy whose corpse remains (and do it in time before the body disappears!)