Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

The Simpsons Hit & Run glitches - Page 1

The Simpsons Hit & Run glitches

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-11-09 16:04:38
I'm gonna call this Project: Bartman, just 'cause. Post some glitches and stuff you've found here. If they require a cheat code (and the game has several), mention which one(s) you used.

Music Change
Levels: 1 (Homer), 4(Marge)
Cheats: Horn jump

Get into your car and drive to the Kwik-E-Mart. Use the horn jump cheat to jump over the building. If performed correctly, the Kwik-E-Mart's rooftop music will play as you drive around, instead of the normal driving music.
Try to remain close to the roof when you jump over it; This seems to have a higher success rate.

Milhouse Crosses the Street
Level: 3 (Lisa)
Cheats: None

Complete Lisa's second mission, 'Clueless.' When you are at the Springfield sign and the mission is completed, do not leave. Milhouse, for some reason, will start crossing the street back and forth indefintely. If cars hit him, he will get back up and keep going. The glitch will stop when he is knocked into the water, or when you leave the area.

Comic Book Guy in the Void
Levels: 3 (Lisa), 6 (Bart)
Cheats: Horn jump, enhanced speed code

See my crappy diagram for an illustration.
Levels 3 and 6 place you at Noiseland Arcade. Drive down the road and go past Wally Weasel's; you will meet a set of stairs. Use the horn jump, and, if you're going fast enough, you will go through the invisible behind the buildings ahead. Turn right when you land on the invisible ground. You will see Comic Book Guy standing around the void, doing nothing.
The best way for this to work is to have 100% completion, and use the RC Car; you can use a code to drive any vehicle in the game when that requirement is met.

Re: The Simpsons Hit & Run glitches

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2013-11-10 13:34:44
Horn jumping messes with just about every level. My favourite is in the lighthouse on the edge of the pier - but you'll need a small vehicle for it. I haven't played this in years since the disc got broken, but you can also enter Burns' mansion with the fast blue car by driving fast with it then horn jumping at the building.

This is one I never investigated fully, but I replicated the results a number of times and I found it very fascinating. Unfortunately, my memory of the method is not without fault, but hear me out.

At the bridge where the little specks of gold are found, I slowly let [the car that Burns drives] fall backwards into the water (as slow as possible). I'm pretty sure how I did it was I got in and out of the car periodically as this was going on.

However I managed it exactly, the end result was that just as the car hit the water and I got out, this triggered a "loading…" message that never ended.

~~~~~

EDIT: From my thread here three years ago:

In levels 1 & 4, on the bridge with the gold that leads down into a river on both sides, I stood on my car while it slid into the water slowly [it took a few attempts] and suddenly, just as I normally would die, the screen went black, and said "LOADING" infinitely. I thought that, among other things, was pretty awesome. I also loved to pile a million cars into the swimming pool near Mr. Burns' mansion.

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,5948.0.html

Date: 2013-11-10 17:26:33
To get through invisible walls, I use the RC Car. It's the smallest vehicle in the game, which means it somehow gets through shit easier than, say, the Honor Roller.

Your infinite loading glitch reminds me of another glitch in that area; You don't even need cheats for it. If you're going fast enough and angled correctly (which is more or less completely arbitrary), you could go through the water and drive on the small, fat strip of road underneath.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2013-11-12 05:44:19

To get through invisible walls, I use the RC Car. It's the smallest vehicle in the game, which means it somehow gets through s**t easier than, say, the Honor Roller.

Nice tip. Might have to make use of that next time I use horn jumping to get into Burns' mansion in Level 1.

Date: 2013-11-12 17:50:49
Note about the music changing glitch: It will rever to the normal driving music if:
1. You drive through the power plant/the Stonecutters tunnel.
2. You drive across the bridge leading to Cletus' house/trailor park area.