Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

Breaking Sudoku in Puzzler World 2 - Page 1

Breaking Sudoku in Puzzler World 2

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-02-01 05:36:47
This is for the PC version, I don't know if it not works on the DS or whatever else ports. And obviously it doesn't work on the physical magazine/newspaper ones.

Anyway, I was doing a sudoku puzzle in this game (#59, but I don't think it matters which one though maybe the ones that only go up to 6 don't not work) and I accidentally typed 0 in one of the boxes instead of 2. I probably had too much caffeine in my system today and it affected my hand-eye coordination, I dunno.
Anyways, this happened:
[img]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/486689151580785194/DB19C837586102844315E48813858E4585729824/[/img]
And it played the sound effect that plays when you put a number into a tile normally in a loop forever, and stopped me entering anything else into the entire puzzle other than being able to click any tile to put a 0 in it (with the looping sound effects stacking with the previous one). So I quit without saving'd that one and went to another one. At which point it puts a 0 into the top-left tile before I can do anything, and again stops anything else from happening except putting more 0s in, like such:
[img]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/486689151581994169/01B22CEF301CA20EF429CA8562B7BDDC9DE680C4/[/img]
Just as well I already have the achievement for completing 10 sudoku puzzles. According to what I've read on the Steam forums with other people who for some reason also play this game, restarting the entire game fixes it at least.
I did get a good laugh out of it happening, though.

So yeah, given this glitch, and a glitch preventing one of the achievements from being unlocked when you meet the criteria to unlock it (I suspect I've encountered that one but I haven't explicitly checked), another glitch preventing you from accessing any Master Mode puzzles beyond #16, and about 70-80% of word puzzles (I wish I was exaggerating) assuming you live in the UK or are otherwise familiar with bizarre words nobody uses and TV shows and shit you don't watch, I'd recommend nobody buy this game ever. And whoever is supposed to be responsible for supporting this game (something happened to the original developer, and that doesn't surprise me) doesn't support it because who the fuck knows why.

Re: Breaking Sudoku in Puzzler World 2

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2014-02-01 15:12:31
This game seems to have figured out the true way to play sudoku.