Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

Glitch Weapons in The Legend of Zelda Project By: Coloradohugge - Page 1

Glitch Weapons in The Legend of Zelda Project By: Coloradohugge

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2015-03-11 07:22:39
Hi!

I took a break with the pokémon glitching and i found a really cool thing while playing around with the memory viewer on a emulator with Zelda 1 for NES.

I actually found alot of this way back in 2010 when i usually played around with the memory viewer in the emulator "Virtual NES" and just inputting random hex numbers and see the game go crazy.

Well, this time i made a find that involves modify the hexadecimal number on Link's b-item which let's you access all Weapons in the game including glitch weapons from the hex numbers: 0E-FF.

The picture i attached to this thread is my progress so far. Im currently at glitch item #DF which means have 30 left.
Theres alot of items that either crash the game or make it freeze. The picture has description of every weapon, there's probably alot of spelling errors since english isn't my main language, and im probably going to remake it into a google document with a table since it's better than having it on a giant PNG picture.

Im also thinking about makeing a youtube video where i show every glitch weapon in action except the one's that crashes the game.

Tell me what you think! and i will probably soon make a update when i have covered EVERY glitch weapon later.  :)

Re: Glitch Weapons in The Legend of Zelda Project By: Coloradohugge

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-03-11 10:47:16
Looks great. I like how some of those seem to have interesting effects (walk through walls). I would love to see a Youtube video :).

Re: Glitch Weapons in The Legend of Zelda Project By: Coloradohugge

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2015-03-12 09:45:50
Here's the update with every glitch item (the items before #0E is all the normal items tht you have in your inveontory and #0F is just the normal magic potion which fills every heart)