Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

GBC (and others) incompatibility messages - Page 1

GBC (and others) incompatibility messages

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-10-08 18:43:47
This page showed up in my Twitter feed today. I thought some people here may find it interesting.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/features/warn/

Some of the art made for the incompatibility messages happens to be rather enjoyable.

I wonder why the incompatibilty message for the German version of Monsters Inc (GBC) got inverted when compared to the English version.

I also note similar fonts used in some of the messages; could these be tied together by a common dev? (the one I noticed specifically was the one used by Micromachines V3, Championship Motocross, and other GBC games; as it's also used in the copyright messages of the first Harry Potter game for GBA, which I have a cart of.)

Re: GBC (and others) incompatibility messages

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-09 02:40:32
A very interesting data-base. It's interesting that the only difference between Pokémon Puzzle Chalenge's American incompatiblity screen and it's Europe equalvement is changing ® to .

Re: GBC (and others) incompatibility messages

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-10-11 14:44:06
Very interesting, it must have taken a long time for them to do!