Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

Pointless Glitch in Sonic Generations - Page 1

Pointless Glitch in Sonic Generations

Posted by: Shadow Tyrant
Date: 2017-01-18 11:15:20
So sometime early last year I was playing Sonic Generations when I made the shadow fight unbeatable. Now this is like the glitch where shadow decides to just run into a wall and do that forever, but with this one sonic gets to join in on the fun of running into a wall just by doing some simple things. To start this glitch you need to go to the shadow fight and continue until you have 2 orbs to do your special attack (3 in hard mode) and dodge all the meteors except the middle meteor on the curving part, side step into the meteor and just keep running missing the other meteors and once your boost runs out just jump and stomp until you get to the rainbow dash pads jump over them and stomp. You will know if the glitch is in effect because rings will not bring your boost up any amount and you should keep running forward unable to stop. I have found no way to stop the glitch and you can only side step so far until you start running at the wall again, but you can see that shadow is also stuck running at a wall by side stepping far enough but he will never attack you and you are unable to hurt him so if you do this glitch you will need to exit the level or restart it to have the fight work as it normally would.

Re: Pointless Glitch in Sonic Generations

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-01-18 20:02:50
Do you have a video showcasing this glitch? If so, post it over at Sonic Retro if you are a Trial Member. DarioFF, S0lV0, and Twilightzoney are fellow Tech Members who know the inner workings of the game, and would most likely be able to explain why this happens. I've never encountered any glitches while playing Generations, but it's been a while since I played it. Was this on the steam release or console?

Posted by: Shadow Tyrant
Date: 2017-01-19 08:17:46
When I did it I did the glitch on the Xbox 360 version of the game and have not tried it on any other version, and if I can figure out how to screen record from my Xbox then yes I can definitely do a show case for it.

Posted by: Unused Trainer
Date: 2017-01-19 15:29:15
Yeah, that glitch are very Boring.