Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VIII Glitch Discussion

Move Relearner glitch - Page 1

Move Relearner glitch

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-11-13 22:38:48
Thank you to SciresM for verifying the Move Relearner glitch.

Re: We have our first

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-11-13 23:27:17
>Game isn't even officially out yet
>Glitches are already being found

Holy SHIT Game Freak get it together.

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-11-14 09:40:29
Sword & Shield can't even handle a large menu. No wonder they couldn't fit in all the Pokemon, that's pathetic.

Date: 2019-11-14 20:07:15
Enough of the Internet's already going in this direction. I'm not sure I want to bring this circlejerk here. "Yay, new glitches" is all I meant by bringing it up, and those always have to start small.

Also, the Lumiose City save glitch was far worse.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-11-15 01:19:13

Enough of the Internet's already going in this direction. I'm not sure I want to bring this circlejerk here. "Yay, new glitches" is all I meant by bringing it up, and those always have to start small.

i'm expecting a Switch bricker by this point.

Date: 2019-11-15 03:11:31
It seems almost as if "fans" want one. All of the problems I've seen mentioned are ridiculously subjective, and in the midst of the abounding claims of "game-breaking bugs", this is the only thing close that's been found (though it is pretty bad.) I want to know if we got another DP and it feels more like a watered-down 3DS game than a Switch game. I want to know if Game Freak put out a poor-quality and uninnovative product and if the franchise is in decline. Can't exactly tell when the much more important thing is that someone can't use the same Spearow they caught in FireRed…

/rant, but I've been keeping my eye on this in a lack of drive to do much else and this is still the only bug or glitch. I'd love if a miracle "game breaker" like Pomeg or Tweaking comes out, though!

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-11-15 04:04:17

Well, this doesn't touch your save, but close enough? :p

Date: 2019-11-15 05:45:40

Well, this doesn't touch your save, but close enough? :p
I saw something about that, but Sabresite (of Project Pokemon) suspected it was limited to pirated copies. I can't imagine it going unnoticed in testing, but I guess we'll see.

Looking a bit more, it's apparently an issue with digitally downloaded Switch games and SD cards formatted in certain ways that has happened with multiple Switch games. Sword and Shield are bringing more attention to it by being popular, presumably. Doesn't exactly cast the Switch in a positive light…

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-11-15 09:36:58
Considering they can't seem to support as many Pokemon as the OG DS, i'm not seeing this go well.