Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

The mysterious almighty weird wireless adapter screen - Page 1

The mysterious almighty weird wireless adapter screen

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-26 11:37:40
Well, that's what I'm calling it anyway. It is the screen thing that it goes to when you have the wireless adapter in with no game, or if you have the wireless adaptr in and turn it on holding Start+Select. It says just "GAME BOY" and then soon it does a weird sound and "Nintendo" appears in changing colors. Then, the screen has the Game Boy Advance logo on the top, and a simple green "frame" along the left and right edges. There you can choose "English" or "Japanese" in japanese. It makes a quick sound when you move up or down. When you go to it it has a table with stuff like "User Name" and "ID" and you can select rows. If you do something weird like putting games in and out of the system it does a quiet alarm and says "Error occured!" in red. Anybody know the actual meaning of all of this?

Re: The mysterious almighty weird wireless adapter screen

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-27 00:04:00
Some games allow you to do multiplayer with just one cartridge, similar to how the DS does it.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-28 06:36:49
I know, I've done that with Game and Watch Gallery 4, but never saw anything like that weird screen, only the color-changing "Nintendo".

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-02-03 15:31:20
I have known about this
for a looong time, I also
don't know what it is.