Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

RCT3 Help with patch - Page 1

RCT3 Help with patch

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-06-27 11:16:40
I could not ask this question at the Atari forums because I have no real email to verify myself. I am playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and was wondering if anybody here could help me with this. I am trying to apply a Gold patch to fix a nighttime lag bug, but it keeps saying "cannot locate RCT3 version Gold0" on my computer. I know I have the right patch for the right game but I dont know how to fix the problem. I am considering un and re-installing the game but will it delete my theme parks? Help much appreciated!

Re: RCT3 Help with patch

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-06-27 11:31:03
Do you have any custom decor and fireworks?

Date: 2008-06-27 14:53:38
Yes. I have a totally freakn awesome Fireworks Display that needs to (obviously) be played at night and I need the patch to fix the lag! So far, I can only play it on a blank test map to view it, not at my incredibely cool park (lags)!

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-06-27 16:53:05
oh, ok
copy The RCT3 in my  documetns folder to your desktop.
Reinstall.
copy it back to my documents.

Date: 2008-06-29 18:45:57
I must un-install it to re-install it. The question is, will it delete my save data when I do so? I cannot afford to rebuild my entire theme park.