Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

What gets your pulse racing? - Page 1

What gets your pulse racing?

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2008-07-03 02:19:43
When you're playing a game, what are some things in them that have got your pulse racing, wheter it's an event or something in games general?

The last boss of anything always gets my pulse racing. It's always exciting when you know your right there and this is it.

My pulse would race in Metroid Prime when Ridley would show up. I'd be like, "I'm gonna fight him now!". Then I'd sigh when I didn't get to. Ridley is teh bomb!
Same thing in Ocarina of Time. Every time I saw Ganon I'd think, "Oh my gosh! Am I gonna fight him now!?" Just like Ridley, I'd be dissappointed when I found out that I had to wait.
Catching pokemon is another thing, especially when I'm trying to catch a legend, but I'm saving the master ball for my favorite legend. Every time I throw an ultra ball or a timer ball, I'd sit there and repeat please over and over again.

Re: What gets your pulse racing?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-03 09:35:53
When I'm really looking for a shiny Pokemon, and yet, don't find one, then, when I least expect it, one shows up.

Also, when I'm watching scary parts in movies I never watched before.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-07-03 10:33:25
When I am working on a really hard level in a game and I am really close to beating something hard and I am almost there and the only thing thats in the way is something dangerous that I have to beat just barely.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-07-05 19:14:15
Epic Failing at Sonic Rush, Playing Pokemon xD, Finding Glitches [sometimes] uhmm SSBB Wifi Sudden Death modes..and more. Oh Wait! Staring at any system N64 and before is pulse racing too. I'm like "WHOA ITS SO COOL!" actually there is a N64 at the nearby gamecrazy used. and its the same price as the gamecube i traded in which is right next to it. its 30 fucking bucks.
I'll add more when they happen.