Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Tamgotchi? - Page 1

Tamgotchi?

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2008-11-19 14:13:33
So a few days ago, my cousin gave me this bizarre little virtual pet toy called a Tamagotchi. She was going on a vacation, and for some reason she was not allowed to bring it, and told me to take care of it for the next week and a half. So, I've been playing and messing around with it for the past few days, and I actually think it's pretty fun. I've even considered getting one myself. But I've had my doubts.

Rambling aside, does anyone think that Tamagotchis are a rather girly/juvenile item? I wouldn't really care, but it might be weird if my friends saw that I had this thing.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the subject.

Re: Tamgotchi?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-11-19 14:20:32
Do what you see as right. If anyone has a problem with that, they can go to hell.

Date: 2008-11-19 20:28:15
Yes, but the commercials even get me even more down.
Freaking terrible, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18iqFI0IX_w
Take that as an example.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-11-19 23:50:14
Wow, that's disgusting. Is that how American adverts are? Holy shit.
I remember those annoying adverts when I went to New York, but not this. Thank god they don't show it over here.

Date: 2008-11-20 16:12:56
I'm glad you didn't get these kinds of commercials over there. It's just too hard to bear.

God, that commercial actually made me sort of nauseous.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-11-20 18:55:02

Wow, that's disgusting. Is that how American adverts are? Holy shit.

No, that's just how bad commercials period CAN get.

Date: 2008-11-22 17:38:36
Well, yes.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-11-23 14:11:12
Ahh I have like 10 freaking Tamagotchis
1. The more recent Tamagotchis have been more girly/younger when they were originally made in Japan for high schoolers, and they were more pwnsomer and glitchyer
I will post more about how the old tamas dont suck later :P but yes the new ones SUCK MAJOR…balls.