Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Runescape - Page 1

Runescape

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-03-12 17:41:28
I cannot believe how many people play this game that looks like someone took a crap and then molded it into human-like figures. It's a disgrace to the internet itself; the amount of fail is endless.
So, my friend says "Go back on Runescape (Yes, I played Runescape for about 3 days before I stopped) cuz' the graphics are better!". So I create another account, I log on…
CRAPTASTIC! I was amazed! Gayjex Jagex actually upgraded the graphics from WORST SHIT to DIARRHEA, congratulations!
God I hate this game so much. And I also can't believe that a kid actually killed himself because his friend took 11 million Runescape gold from his account, epic Runescape triple an hero fail.

Discuss this damned game here.

If you are a Runescape supporter: Whine about it all you want.

Re: Runescape

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-03-12 19:26:13
I like Runescape.  I can see your point, but is the graphics the only thing you don't like?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-12 20:02:35
I would mostly agree with :56 Error here, although I hate Runescape on the basis that all MMORPGS inherently suck (and anyone who says otherwise is a troll).

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-12 20:37:08
Hear hear!

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-03-12 20:56:36
Oh, god this game has to be the fucking worst. A friend of mine was so hooked into it he got me into the game, for about a week or so and the game was so fucking boring I stopped playing and never went back. Runescape, gives MMORPGs, a bad name. The graphics, sucked you can't go to other areas, without having to BUY a fucking account, so they can rip you off so you can explore other places. It's just nuts.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-03-12 21:10:41
I agree that the game is shit and stuff even though I play it because it's addicting D: (Blame Summer 08 and its fail on HydrocityNet for getting me started (yes, RuneScape is BETTER than FailNet/Everything from HydrocityNet that wasn't phrawger.ath.cx / allpurpose.ath.cx / abwayax.com))

Jagex actually upgraded the graphics from WORST SHIT to DIARRHEA

Orly? The graphics still suck?

URNOTDOINTHEGRAPHICSRITE:

[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2gtrxo1.png[/img]

(Note, you have to mess around with stuff a bit to make it look that good but meh, just don't look at the Overworld faces which are the only thing lacking in detail basically (chat window faces are fine though seeing as how they're not a circle with two black dots (no, not those smiley faces you see right there.)))

I have another picture that looks better but I don't feel like uploading it right now.

Date: 2009-03-12 21:20:43
Ugh, it still looks shit. Shouldn't this topic be in the general gaming discussion? After all this is a game after all.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-03-13 20:58:44
(Thank you for moving, GARY.)

Ugh, it still looks shit.

I completely agree with you.
Another reason I hate Runescape is because the game gets so FUCKING BORING. I cannot believe how bored I was after the 2nd day! The graphics are so bad that: You walk around as a SHIT. You level up your SHIT-cutting skills by cutting SHIT. You level up your attack by killing SHIT. Once you're at a high level, you go with the rest of your brave SHITS with their legendary SHIT swords and slay the mighty SHIT.
Plus, they block out so many words that aren't even swear words. Like this: "You **** this ****. Here, I made this legendary ******* for you! Use it to slay the ****!"

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-03-13 21:43:45

Ugh, it still looks s**t.

Another reason I hate Runescape is because the game gets so FUCKING BORING. I cannot believe how bored I was after the 2nd day! The graphics are so bad that: You walk around as a s**t. You level up your s**t-cutting skills by cutting s**t. You level up your attack by killing s**t. Once you're at a high level, you go with the rest of your brave SHITS with their legendary s**t swords and slay the mighty s**t.
Plus, they block out so many words that aren't even swear words. Like this: "You **** this ****. Here, I made this legendary ******* for you! Use it to slay the ****!"

I can agree with you on that, but it's fun to get 99 summoning just to show off your skillscape and pet dragon.

Date: 2009-03-13 22:59:07
I agree with you, Error. Seriously, how my friend got so hooked on that game, I'll never know. He used to be so hooked on this game, called Conquest, and that was crap! My god, the graphics were like from the system of the 95 - 98 computer games. The only games with REAL graphics are World of Warcraft and Guild Wars, and they are games with graphics. I have a screenshot of Guild Wars, and the graphics on there are nice, but Guild Wars 2's graphics are gonna be much more nice.

Date: 2009-03-14 10:26:17

Ugh, it still looks shit.

Another reason I hate Runescape is because the game gets so FUCKING BORING. I cannot believe how bored I was after the 2nd day! The graphics are so bad that: You walk around as a SHIT. You level up your SHIT-cutting skills by cutting SHIT. You level up your attack by killing SHIT. Once you're at a high level, you go with the rest of your brave SHITS with their legendary SHIT swords and slay the mighty SHIT.

They fixed that.  You can basically now say ass, fuckless, crap, damn, etc.

Though a weird bug makes the letter g in the alphabet censored.

Like this:

"abcdef*hijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
* is censored
G"

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-14 11:41:56
HolographicSimulatedGreatApeSuperSaiyanFourSpartanWarriorGladiatorKnightVikingJediSwordsMasterSamuraiPirateNinjaBorgTimeLincoln *inhales*, time to add another name to the EALAUOATEAAXLSIM.

Date: 2009-03-14 19:15:15
Umm… what?

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-03-15 00:35:47
Runescape IS quite boring, but when GARY occasionally gets me to play it due to boredom, I end up trying to reach whatever goals I have on the game because I like reaching random goals for whatever reason if I'm not lazy…

I don't mind the game's graphics, because I never really care that much about graphics. (though I go AAAAAAA at Atari 2600-quality graphcis) What I care about is the gameplay and music. Runescape has poor music, by the way.

Date: 2009-03-15 02:08:36
Guild Wars, has nice music. Here's one of my characters, a Healer - Monk, since I don't play Guild Wars, much as it's bored me to death.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/TeamRocketMutouYami/gw008.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/TeamRocketMutouYami/gw010.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/TeamRocketMutouYami/gw011.jpg

They're just pictures of Guild Wars, in Eye of the North, in a town I was at, with my Monk.