Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

nintendo dsi web browser - Page 1

nintendo dsi web browser

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-04-10 22:39:48
has anyone used it yet? im on it nao. no idea if theres already a topic about this….i think its ok but it sucks that it cant use youtube or mp3s. overall its OK. what about you guys?

Re: nintendo dsi web browser

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-10 22:41:24
Can it use Mibbit?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-04-12 00:43:38
I think it might.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2009-04-12 12:05:19
I'm not one, to be honest, to enjoy surfing the Web on a "mobile" web browser.
Why? It's limited.

As SCared mentioned, the DSi browser has a lack of Flash support, leaving many sites in the dust. Also, too many sites are diving into Ruby on Rails, AJAX, and other "Web 2.0" content… and Flash as well that makes a mobile web browser really incompatible with a site.

Even though it's Opera (and I do give a hand to Opera's development team for their work both with Nintendo and Opera Mobile for my Nokia), some stuff just won't work on a mobile site. Web developers try to adapt to a "mobile" web lifestyle but in my mind, it fails entirely with the advances and polishes of Web 2.0.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-04-12 22:38:25
I agree with Mino :)
No idea if mibbit works but ill go try now.